Carbon Fibre Interior

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: Carbon Fibre Interior

Carbon Fibre Interior

Down under its very hard to obtain information from Audi about instructions for removing interior pieces such as door handles ,NAV surrounds ,handbrake,switch surrounds,centre console ,air vents etc etc.
    Is there available any documentation that shows you step by step these processes .
    Thanks in advance
    Conm
    '12 R8 V10 Daytona Grey/Quartz Grey Black extended leather package with red stitching R Tronic Titanium 5 spoke wheels.
    '09 R8 V8 Daytona Grey/Quartz Grey R tronic Sold
    '03 A8 Ebony Black Sold
    '98 S8 Sold
    '95 A8 Sold

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Carbon Fibre Interior

download PDF file
    (install instruction)

http://www.macarbon.com/store/r8-interior-158/
    R8 V10 r-tronic my2010

While it's not a full "how to" for the interior, such as the dash pieces (the monoposto ring is a complete dash removal), I did a write up on how to do most of the work:

http://www.yellowdogracing.com/Audi.htm

Hope this helps.

The center console, brake handle, ring around the shifter and such just require a #25 Torx wrench and a phillips screw driver. Just pay attention to where each fastener goes. Seems like there were some that were longer than others. If you can use a screw driver and have a little common sense, you can do this job.

Stay away from the section that goes around the instruments - let an Audi tech go for that. There are three 6mm nuts that are semi-impossible to reach and require full dash disassembly.

Hand brake - if you purchased an aftermarket piece, there is the "correct" way to remove it and then there's the "real world" way. Inside the handle is a metal retaining clip. You need to get a small stylus of some sort up against this piece and push it (I think) upwards. It releases a small catch in the back of it. Sure, so they say.

After about 30 minutes and lots of cursing, the OEM handle was promptly removed by cave man methods. Thag pull hard! Screws up the stock piece (breaks a small pair of plastic tabs inside the handle), but it's not anything that can't be fixed quite easily.
    Last edited by KfabR8; 08-18-2009 at 07:18 AM. Reason: adding additional info
    Hidden Content
    2019 Dragon Orange Q8 - a technical marvel.
    2017 Ara Blue Crystal V10 Plus - I joined the Gen 2 side.
    2011 Samoa Orange V8 R-tronic - Loved dearly, driven daily, tracked often.
    2009 Daytona Grey V8 - The Twin Turdbo: A complete lemon.
    2008 Daytona Grey V8 - Loved, driven, killed by a tree. Drats.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Thank you to KfabR8 and stella polare for your assistance.
    You are a great at helping your own (R8 owners)
    conm
    '12 R8 V10 Daytona Grey/Quartz Grey Black extended leather package with red stitching R Tronic Titanium 5 spoke wheels.
    '03 A8 Ebony Black Sold
    '98 S8 Sold
    '95 A8 Sold

Here are some online sources for official service literature:
    www.audi.ddsltd.com
    www.bentleypublishers.com/audi/r8/2008-2009

Also, there are dealers workshop manuals available through the grey market on ebayUK, but I haven't had much luck getting them to work properly on my PC.
    2018 R8 LMS GT4 | 2014 R8 LMS Ultra GT3 | 2012 R8 GT Coupe 5.2 6RT | 2009 R8 Coupe 4.2 6MT

Exiting a corner on the limit is like tightrope-walking; entering a corner on the limit is like jumping onto a tightrope while blindfolded. - Mark Donahue

Welcome to R8Talk. Please read the FAQ: Audi R8 Introduction and Road Map.

Quote Originally Posted by desperado View Post
    www.audi.ddsltd.com

Also, there are dealers workshop manuals available through the grey market on ebayUK, but I haven't had much luck getting them to work properly on my PC.
    THANKS .... holy moly, I had no idea there were so many bulletins ... I am going to be imagining rattles and noises that I never heard before

Thank you desperado, all the info helps.
    regards
    conm
    '03 A8 Ebony Black Sold
    '98 S8 Sold
    '95 A8 Sold

Quote Originally Posted by desperado View Post
    www.audi.ddsltd.com

desperado: I know you've got the Bentley, on dvd I assume.....
    they talk about service bulletins and 1 yr of updates in their ad....
    does that therefore include all those TSB's that are listed on the Audi site?
    2010 v8 delv'd 9/9/09: Jet Blue/Silver w. LimestoneHidden Content
    Road & Track subscriber for 55 years!
    Best drive I ever had: Lotus 18 FJr.!

Yes, I have the Bentley DVD. The TSBs (Technical Service Bulletin) are there, but it can take awhile for the new ones to show up.

There is a "Check Web for Updates" option in the program that installs on your PC. For example, when I purchased I only had 2008 data. Now I have 2009 data as well. In another month's time my years subscription will end and I will have to purchase another year if I wish to continue getting updates.

Their program works well, the copy protection scheme is not too intrusive, and I feel the purchase price is fair given the amount of useful information you receive.
    Last edited by desperado; 08-20-2009 at 07:15 PM. Reason: defined TSB
    2018 R8 LMS GT4 | 2014 R8 LMS Ultra GT3 | 2012 R8 GT Coupe 5.2 6RT | 2009 R8 Coupe 4.2 6MT

Exiting a corner on the limit is like tightrope-walking; entering a corner on the limit is like jumping onto a tightrope while blindfolded. - Mark Donahue

Welcome to R8Talk. Please read the FAQ: Audi R8 Introduction and Road Map.

12. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements