Potential new owner and wanted some feedback!

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Potential new owner and wanted some feedback!

Potential new owner and wanted some feedback!

I just wanted to say hi as I am in the process of buying a R8 now or soon.....looking at a 2014 v10 now. I currently drive a 2013 M5 and love it, and i've had it to the track and ran 11.95 @122pmh all day long. Very impressive car. Initially I went to thedealership to buy a Q7 (which we did), but they had a beautiful R8 there, black styling package, diamond stitching etc..all the options I'd pick, even the color. I was able to take out a Plus version for a test drive and the v10 sounded awesome. I don't know str8 line performance wise if there would be much difference between the 2 as the one I mentioned above was just the regular v10. Ive read it comes with a softer suspension set up which I'd prefer for city driving. Anyway, the car accelerates much different than my M, and the torque obviously isn't the same, but I wonder if it would even keep pace with my 11.94 above? yes AWD would help but trap speeds show more about power than actual times....I've raced, driven and owned many different types of cars, and actually drove the 2010 V10 R8 and totally could not get over the old R-Tronic so I passed. This new set up with the S-Tronic is night and day. The Tech in the car could use a refresh as the MMI is outdated for a car this price and I've heard it's on it's way....the long and the short is I want one lol, and want some owners thoughts who have had a lot of seat time what they think. I've already looked into the APR tune to see if it's compatible for the 2014. 525hp is plenty, but I'm a hp nut lol...but the styling of this car is just beautiful!!!!! and the B&O is a nice sound to go with that v10 :}

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Potential new owner and wanted some feedback!

A v10 with s-tronic will be as fast and likely faster than the M5. The V10+, no contest - you'd need a 991 turbo or GTR
    2014 V10 Plus

You will absolutely love the car (sounds like you already do).

Read through the threads, won't find many owners who bought the car and regretted it.
    2012 S4 Ibis White S Tronic
    2012 R8 V8 Phantom black 6 Speed Manual (sold)
    2014 R8 V10 Suzuka Grey 6 Speed Manual (sold)
    2015 Ferrari 458 Italia, Tour De France Blue
    2016 Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4 Spring 2016 delivery

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

I am sure that the v10 with stronic will be fast...the plus version was, and trust me the m5 is underrated and has mountains of trq! I went online and not much data on guys racing them down the quar expect what the mags tested ..and it showed 12sec at 118 which is a bit slower, but again not the stronic. Don't get me wrong I love the r8 or I would to be here, just want to be sure I'm not simply falling in love with the looks lol. I saw a vid of an M6 race the r8 from a dig and it was neck and neck with the 6 slightly ahead, but again this was the old rtronic. The 8 has always for my attention and I'm going to own one, either very soon or order a 2015

And don't get me wrong I am not Just in love with str8 speedor I would own sometime else, but I will drive this in city traffic and I wondering of miss the torque of the M? A 20 min test drive went too fast and I wish I had more seat time to be sure i wouldn't have buyers remorse.

comparing the R8 to the M5 is like apples to oranges, they are 2 totaly diffrent beasts, the M5 is fast..... very fast, but the driving experience is diffrent, as for the M5 beating the R8 In a straight line I can tell u thats not even close I have an R8 with a tune and exhaust and Im beating 458's on a hot day ( 11.54 ) and thats with the dreaded R- tronic :P. the question u have to ask ur self is are u willing to give up all the advantages of a sports sedan for a dedicated sports car, if so then my friend u just got a lambo for a bargain :P

p.s. I just bought a F80 M3 to replace the R8
    Last edited by biggie27; 07-17-2014 at 05:58 PM.

I am lucky enough to own both F10 M5 and 14 R8 V10. 2 different cars, both are beasts. R8 wins in looks and sounds. Acceleration very similar. I came from a 2012 GTR to the R8. These 2 are quite similar in performance but R8 much more refined car for daily driving. Can't go wrong with the R8 as a daily driver if you had to pick one car for comfort, style, and performance.

Awesome responses guys thanks....it did feel fast but maybe it's just so different from what I'm use to I expected something else? And of course I google some random drags and I see an m6 basically stay neck and neck or a car ahead in a real world pull. I totally get these are two different cars as my M has soft close doors, massaging seats and all bells and whistles, so I realize it isn't a fair comparison. I know I don't want the Plus version, and I'd be curious what tune you're running that keeps pace with a 458!? I've driven one and quite the car. I've already looked into the APR tune.

The r8 has is a special beast no doubt and I'm hoping soon it's a part of the family. Because it's a 2014 they've come down on price. It's 200k CAN, and they've knocked off 17k so far.

im running a revo tune but that doesn't matter, APR and REVO are both good probably the best u can get right now, they both make about the same hp and both are reliable according to first hand experience from myself and from what the knowledgeable people on this forum have experienced themselves from APR, my adice go with what has better service in your region and stick with it, who cares if your car is not the fastest, but make sure its fast enough :P

Here is a video that will help. Its motor trend head to head r8 v10 plus vs gtr. The v10 plus hits 0-60 in 3.2 seconds and the quarter mile in 11.2. The standard s tronic v10 should be close to that. Don't get me wrong the m5 is a very nice car but the r8 is a whole different game. My wife has the 2014 s tronic v8 in suzuka grey and it gets a tremendous amount of attention everywhere she drives it. People fall all over themselves and take pictures of it, its really crazy. Heres the other thing theres also a head to head video of the r8 v8 convertible s tronic. That car is heavier than the coupe and hit 0-60 in 4 seconds with the v8 stronic. The salesman told me the v8 s tronic coupes were under four seconds 3.8 to 3.9 in launch mode and from my experience its true. So i guess what I'm saying is that any version of the r8 with s tronic is a lot faster than you think. But its not just about speed as there is always something faster. The r8 is about styling and finesse and it is a major attention getter and if you want speed the v10 is insanely fast. Its almost not usable on the street its so quick. The s tronic has completely transformed these cars both the v10 and v8. I think also you might be used to that turbo boost on the m5 vs a naturally aspirated engine. It feels faster than the v10 but trust me its not. Link below
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noEZL3hWk5o
    Last edited by porsche37; 07-18-2014 at 01:21 AM.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast