Carbon Fiber Shifter Ring problem - Page 3

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carbon Fiber Shifter Ring problem

Re: Carbon Fiber Shifter Ring problem

So the vendor is sending me a THIRD ring to try. Should be here in 2 days. Maybe 3rd time is the charm?

Is it just me or is Neidfaktor kind of slow in responding to emails? Perhaps I'm just spoiled by Audi-OEM's quick response...
    [GONE] 2012 Audi R8 5.2 | Ibis White | 6MT | CCB | Full Leather + Red Stitching | Custom Upholstery | CF Sideblades/Mirrors/Interior/Steering Wheel/Shift Knob/Shift Ring/Spoiler/Door Trim/Engine Vents/Inner Door Sills | Alcantara Headliner | Illuminated Sills | White Instruments | Titanium 5-Spoke | Capristo X-Pipe + Black Optics Tips | F1 Pinnacle Ceramic | XPEL Ultimate | Opti-Coat

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Neidfaktor is in Germany so the time difference is probably a part of it
    2015 Blu Caelum Huracan LP-610-4. VF800 Supercharged, Fabspeed Supersport Valved Exhaust.
    2018 Audi SQ5 Prestige Navarra Blue
    2018 Lotus Red Evora 400 Manual

Gone
    2012 Red R8 V10 6sp, VF-750 Supercharger, Tubi Rumore Exhaust
    Gone
    2009 R8 V8, 6SP Manual. Silver/Black,Stasis Supercharged,

Quote Originally Posted by RS4Cab View Post
    Neidfaktor is in Germany so the time difference is probably a part of it
    Still, would be nice when Audi-OEM starts selling for Neidfaktor.
    [GONE] 2012 Audi R8 5.2 | Ibis White | 6MT | CCB | Full Leather + Red Stitching | Custom Upholstery | CF Sideblades/Mirrors/Interior/Steering Wheel/Shift Knob/Shift Ring/Spoiler/Door Trim/Engine Vents/Inner Door Sills | Alcantara Headliner | Illuminated Sills | White Instruments | Titanium 5-Spoke | Capristo X-Pipe + Black Optics Tips | F1 Pinnacle Ceramic | XPEL Ultimate | Opti-Coat

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Looks like 3rd time is the charm. When I got the new ring, I immediately noticed the different construction:

Carbon Fiber Shifter Ring problem-cf_ring_02.jpg

Any part that is not visible when installed do not have any CF overlay. Looks like those parts are just clear coated.

They went in smoothly and all buttons function without any problems.

Carbon Fiber Shifter Ring problem-cf_ring_03.jpg

Thank goodness this saga is finally drawing to a close!
    Last edited by devious_sandwich; 07-02-2015 at 11:57 PM.

Nice! Glad you got it sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Goonie View Post
    Nice! Glad you got it sorted out.
    It only took two months I told them I'm not paying another $40 to ship the 2nd defective ring back; I've already done that once. If they want it, they will have to pay for return shipping.

Devious ...you've got the patience of a saint. Between this and the custom upholstery. Glad everything has worked out for you.
    2017 Madreperla White Alfa Romeo 4C. Carbon Fiber Tub. Carbon Fiber Roof. Carbon Fiber Interior Package. Acrapovic center exhaust. Sports Suspension. Wrap. Carbon Fiber Mirror with Italian Flag. RED seats. Staggered 18/19 wheels.

Current Driver: 2016 A7 Prestige Ibis White 20's

PAST: 996TT, 997cab, 997TT, 2010 R8 V10 6MT

Do you ever drive your car or is it always in bits for mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Braces View Post
    Devious ...you've got the patience of a saint. Between this and the custom upholstery. Glad everything has worked out for you.
    Alas, I have no patients, that's why I'm not a doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Bestle View Post
    Do you ever drive your car or is it always in bits for mods?
    Sure feels that way sometimes! But I'm almost done with mods. A few more carbon fiber bits and I'll be DONE forever!

I am having the same issue so would like to take the Dremel approach before doing some returns & replace. Any advice on the Dremel approach and where to grind which faces/edges?

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123