Exhaust Comparison - Page 6

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Exhaust Comparison

tom

Re: Exhaust Comparison

HI, you seem to be pretty knowledgeable. I have owned several r8s and just bought a 2014 v10 stronic. I installed a Stasis exhaust and chip on my 2012 and liked the performance and sound. After getting the '14 I asked Jack w/ Stasis about an exhaust and he said they had developed a new system with a gate which integrates with Sport button for either a loud or not so loud exhaust tone. He also said they have tuned the exhaust to sound more "Ferrari like" with less drone. I thought this might be good, but when I talked to my dealer about it, (they installed my last chip and exhaust) they told me Audi and Stasis aren't friendly any more and I could have some real warranty issues should it ever come up. Questions are, have you or anyone else heard about the apparent feud between Audi and the aftermarket, and is there an alternative which would provide a better exhaust sound and not upset Audi and the warranty protection?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Finally got the chance to full throttle in several gears the CAPRISTO X Pipe in my V10 , it has a wonderful sound, you want to rev 8000 in every gear just to hear the car , the remote control is very convenient for quiet mode. The production quality is very good. It is much louder in the open mode because it has a direct pipe design, and is quieter in the close mode because it has a big sound box. The X PIPE design has much improved acoustic dynamics pulse reflection, better than Larini or Akrapovick, which equalizes pressures in all the V10 cylinders, producing more HP and giviing a more constant note in the sound. Not any gargling, not truck like sound, but like a powerful same tone and high pitched .

I installed a british system on my V8, Quicksilver TITAN Super Sport Exhaust.
    http://www.quicksilverexhausts.com/A...ctbulletin.htm

I just love the sound & the responsiveness of the car after it was fitted. Definitely recommend this option.

Pic:
    Exhaust Comparison-img_1075.jpg

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Hi,

I am new to the Forum and i want to buy a used Exhaust System for my Audi R8 V8.

The stock exhaust just isnt doing it for me at all.

The Armytrix and STaSSis are the ones coming out on top.

Is anyone aware of anyone selling either of the above?

thanks

Hello there,

Stasis has gone out of business.

We are worldwide distributors for Armytrix. We have many customers in the Gulf and can ship to Bahrain with Fedex. We have many customers that use Audi Bahrain.

The Armytrix system is superb. Full titanium, dual box, x-pipes. Only weighs 9kg!
    The remote valve controller is extremely sophisticated and can be calibrated for RPM via the throttle pedal.

We have sold many Armytrix exhausts recently. Please email us for full details.
    [email protected]

Best wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by easy_e View Post
    Hi,

I am new to the Forum and i want to buy a used Exhaust System for my Audi R8 V8.

The stock exhaust just isnt doing it for me at all.

The Armytrix and STaSSis are the ones coming out on top.

Is anyone aware of anyone selling either of the above?

thanks
    OEM Audi Parts
    Audi Porsche FerrariLamborghini

Superb prices ! Exclusive products ! Fast shipping

Here is some info on the current Capristo Exhaust setup for the R8

Audi R8 X-Pipe Exhaust System (Incl. Remote)
    Our system cost is $6400.00
    this includes the programmable remote system

call or email me with any questions or to place an order

Thanks
    Erik Krammer
    561-262-2876
    [email protected]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Exhaust Comparison-audi_r8_v10_5.2__5277b9862ed85.jpg  
    Taurino Racing | CAPRISTO® Exhaust USA
    Distributor of Sports Exhausts Technologies, OEM & Aftermarket Ferrari/Maserati Parts
    ------------------------------------------
    4188 West Roads Dr. Suite 130
    Riviera beach, FL 33407
    Tel: 561-882-9885 | Fax: 561-882-9886 | Cell: 561-262-2876
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Supporting Vendor Fabspeed_Motorsport's Avatar

Hey Guys!

Looks like we have not been brought up either! I believe that out of the valveless exhaust system's we have the best sounding and best performing exhaust to date. For those who are looking for a blend of power and sound which the valvetronic systems do not offer, you do not need to look any further! Thanks again guys, feel free to PM me or contact us for any questions, concerns, or inquiries!

V10 Supersport X-pipe Exhaust System

V8 Supersport X-pipe Exhaust System
    http://www.fabspeed.com/r8-v8-supers...xhaust-system/
    Alec Acuff
    Hidden Content

Fabspeed Motorsport USA
    155 Commerce Drive | Fort Washington, PA 19034
    (267) 742-3047 Phone
    Hidden Content

Please follow us on Hidden Content and Hidden Content

Well I've had my Akrapovic on the car for 2 months and it's time for a comparison. I started with the Fabspeed exhaust, then to Larini valved club sport, and now Akrapovic.

Fabspeed exhaust had a nice V8 rumble, but was too muscle car for me. It wasn't loud and did not drone. Deeper sound and medium volume at full throttle. In a spyder I could have easily kept this one, but I wanted a more exotic sound and went looking elsewhere.

Larini what can I say that hasn't been said already. This exhaust has the best sound I've heard. It makes you run the throttle hard just to hear the valves open and listen. This exhaust made people stop what they were doing and listen. It turned heads and it's what an exotic V10 should sound like. It made driving an event. The problem became when you didn't want the boy racer sound. The valves dropped maybe 20% of the sound and at 75 mph it was loud. Cold start up was a real issue trying not to wake the family or neighbors. I miss the sound I don't miss the volume. If the valves actually worked this would be without a doubt THE exhaust.

Akrapovic is a true in between exhaust. With the valves open and at low rpms it has the Fabspeed V8 muscle car sound. As the revs build the sound gets sweeter and higher pitched. Very nice tune at full tilt. Medium to loud volume and good tone. It never hits the F1 high notes of the Larini maybe 85% of the way. With the valves closed is where this exhaust hits its stride. Normal driving is nearly stock maybe 10-15% louder. At 75 mph I can carry a normal conversation and it's not fatiguing. Nice stock plus 10 sound. Titanium has its own sound that's slightly colored and different in a good way. I find my self opening the valves while I accelerate and close them when I hit cruise speed. One issue I wish was better managed is when the valves are closed even under hard acceleration the sound is still quiet. It never opens up and sounds like when the valves are fully open. I find I'm opening and closing the valves manually for the best sound. Maybe my controller isn't working? Let's hope others can chime in and help with this issue or if it's normal. I had the same Akrapovic controller on the Larini and it seemed loud when I got on it even with the valves closed.
    2011 R8 V10 Spyder akrapovic exhaust, R-tronic, Daytona Grey, titanium wheels, full carbon pkg

11. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456