Capristo Exhaust for V10

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Capristo Exhaust for V10

Capristo Exhaust for V10

I am seriously considering a Capristo exhaust system for my V10.
    I am wondering if there are any members who have experienced the Capristo?
    My main concern is how loud it is in quiet mode. I live in London and my garage adjoins my neighbour's house. Standard exhaust with choke is acceptable and I suspect the Capristos will be comparably louder in quiet mode. I can't get access to a demo car and the YouTube clip is as loud as the volume control on my laptop, so it's still difficult to tell.
    Advice from someone with experience would be gratefully received.
    Cheers.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Arrow Re: Capristo Exhaust for V10

Please update your signature , friend...then we'll direct you to a shop that sells an inexpensive auxilary sound improvement system for your laptop. THEN you can really hear/feel what these exh. systems really sound like. After hooking up external speakers...you will be amazed!!

GONE-BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN 'Hidden Content 8,R8 V8,Paddles,Mag ride,Jet-Blue/Carbon blades,Smoke chrome OEM 5 spokes & Lambo S.L. whls,Miltek exh.PPI Steering whl,rear wing,front grill,air filter kit.C.F.interior trim,V10 sideskirts,premium black leather,B&O,navi,camara. KEEPURSHINEYSIDEUP/STICKYSIDEDOWN VIDEO:R8 in CANYON video ... janerinsurance.com/r8 ...\"/

Re: Capristo Exhaust for V10

Thanks Harrison.
    Forgive me, I am not well versed in forum protocol how do I update my signature?
    I take your point although I have access to some pretty powerful sound equipment, but really would like to hear from someone who has owned a Capristo system and the practicality of the remote fob.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

I have no idea where you are, but I have heard the Italian made Capristo on a R8 V8, and while in loud setting, it certainly fulfilled the LOUD part. It sounded like a straight pipe exhaust. Really the loudest exhaust I have heard on any R8, all low bass, growl, .. VERY old school, USA muscle car style. The muscle car sound didn't appeal to me in any way. But the overall Capristo exhaust build quality is really excellent. I do enjoy their Porsche exhausts.

The "best" valve exhaust may be this one. I have heard it only in this R8 V8 video, but its sounds as if AWE is trying to make a fine, slightly higher pitched exhaust sound ( a la STaSiS). It sounds good on the video? I would think that if they make a R8 V8 valve exhaust, they would also make a V10 exhaust.

https://www.r8talk.com/forums/showthr...LVED#post66845

.Maybe one of our vendors offers a valved exhaust?
    SEAT of the PANTS DYNO Hidden Content

Hey Yuppa, click on tab that is: User CP.Then you'll git 'er done.

GONE-BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN 'Hidden Content 8,R8 V8,Paddles,Mag ride,Jet-Blue/Carbon blades,Smoke chrome OEM 5 spokes & Lambo S.L. whls,Miltek exh.PPI Steering whl,rear wing,front grill,air filter kit.C.F.interior trim,V10 sideskirts,premium black leather,B&O,navi,camara. KEEPURSHINEYSIDEUP/STICKYSIDEDOWN VIDEO:R8 in CANYON video ... janerinsurance.com/r8 ...\"/

Thanks Bodhi,
    Very useful intel. The V8 sounds awesome (not a deliberate pun).
    I live in London UK.

Thanks Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhii View Post
    The "best" valve exhaust may be this one. I have heard it only in this R8 V8 video, but its sounds as if AWE is trying to make a fine, slightly higher pitched exhaust sound ( a la STaSiS). It sounds good on the video? I would think that if they make a R8 V8 valve exhaust, they would also make a V10 exhaust.

Maybe one of our vendors offers a valved exhaust?
    Thanks for the kind words.

We are working on an R8 V10 Exhaust.

In fact, we have one in-house right now for exhaust development.

I can't release much information about the system yet, but I can tell you it will be valved and have an in-cabin toggle switcher like our V8 SwitchPath Exhaust offers.

yupp danners, I'd encourage you to consider our system before pulling the trigger. When are you looking to upgrade your exhaust?

Pm me your name and email address. I'll have one of our Sales Reps contact you with some information as soon as it is available for release.

Hi Alex
    Thanks for your message. I'm afraid I pushed the button today on the Capristo.
    I am based in the UK.
    Look forward to hearing your new V10 pipes on YouTube.
    All the best
    YD

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast