Audi R8 Forums banner

Group buy on Ried Air Intake tubes?

37K views 144 replies 39 participants last post by  Amdaman 
#1 · (Edited)
#4 ·
I'm interested as well depends on the price.

#17 ·
pics? Does this void the warranty? Definitely interested.

#33 ·
Maybe this will make it more clear. There are 3 separate pieces: air filter, MAF housing, intake tube. The Ried intake tube replaces piece #3. The aftermarket intakes (K&N, Carbonio, etc.) replace pieces #1 and #2.

View attachment 163249
Sorry kind of off topic, but what are those tubes connecting the intake tubes (item 3)? Vacuum lines? you can PM me, don't want to take away from this thread, just curious.

#35 ·
Looks like mine will be here tomorrow. Can't wait to see how it perform with my blower.

#43 ·
Re: Group buy on Reid Air Intake tubes?

I also did the gold wrap.
That looks great. Nice timing too, I wrapped my Viper's tubes last night.

FYI, it was significantly more difficult to get the hoses on with the gold tape on them. I ended up using a flat blade screw driver to help pop the silicone on the throttle bodies (unnecessary without gold.) So if you have a hard time, it might be worth removing some of the gold near the end you install last, then re-wrap that section once the hose is installed.

#46 ·
I just installed mine yesterday. However I didn't test drive yet since we had snow storm couple days ago. Hopefully will check it out this weekend.

Attachments

#47 ·
I installed my tubes today. I also cleaned the MAF sensors and throttle bodies while I was at it because my car had thrown a lean code one time. I took it for a drive, and everything seems good. It could be my imagination, but it seems like there is a little more whistling sound from the intake with the new tubes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.