vf hex tuned R8 v10 manual - Page 14

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4111213141516 LastLast

Thread: vf hex tuned R8 v10 manual

Re: vf hex tuned R8 v10 manual

Since there is quite big timezone different from VF and me I'll have a friend come over tonight and we'll pull the ECUs and he will access them via his bentch, he said that according to the ECU info I gave him we should be able to restore the ECU's but I guess we'll find out in the evening. Meanwhile I'll make a couple of calls and ask around some professionals here in my region and also wait for VF reply.

How did yours fail? I was trying to write the stock file as suggested before applying the tuned software and then I got some ECU Memory Test Routine Result Error and by then I was ****ed. Every time we tried to recover or do something it kept failing the the same "memory testing" place or something like that.
    Last edited by Common; 07-16-2019 at 11:43 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Since there is quite big timezone different from VF and me I'll have a friend come over tonight and we'll pull the ECUs and he will access them via his bentch, he said that according to the ECU info I gave him we should be able to restore the ECU's but I guess we'll find out in the evening. Meanwhile I'll make a couple of calls and ask around some professionals here in my region and also wait for VF reply.

How did your fail? I was trying to write the stock file as suggested before applying the tuned software and then I got some ECU Memory Test Routine Result Error and by then I was ****ed. Every time we tried to recover or do something it kept failing the the same "memory testing" place or something like that.
    Same here opposite timezone from VF, had to stay up several nights to get the ECU checked...

Mine failed upon successfully flashing the new tune. I followed their instructions and flashed mine back to stock which was fine then I flashed it with the new tune they sent and it completed successfully, after which it threw a 'SAFE' immobiliser lock preventing the ECU from reading/writing.

From there on, I sent the ECU to VF which they then fixed the SAFE error but the car wouldn't start, So I had to remove and send it back again. The ECUs should arrive in a few hrs time based on the UPS tracking.

Also the ECU is very hard to remove as the screws are locked down by security bolts which means you need to use a dremel and slice on the bolt head and if you twist too hard the bolt strips the head, be careful when removing it, I scratched my paint a bit. Have to get it repainted.

The ECU harness has a two clips locking it in, you need to release the clips before you pull it out.

Last edited by knightsabers; 07-16-2019 at 11:58 PM.

Thanks for the input. My ECU's have already been removed by the previous owner so the safety locks shouldn't be a problem when VF checked out the pics I sent earlier. Let us know if you can get your beast running now. I'm still waiting for them to get back to me if this is fixable via OBD, but maybe we can do some remote bentch flashing because a friend is coming over tonight with all the gear to take a look if we can restore them as well.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

well I'm glad VF was able to fix my tune and i didn't have to send my ECUs to them. They're 3 hours behind my time, and it took them a four days of troubleshooting and getting the software developer to reconfigure my tune. Have been running the car for the past 9 months w/o any issues.
    2k14 R8 5.2 Plus, S-tronic, Suzuka Grey, Sirius, Larini Catback, k&N w/ silicon intake tubes.
    2k8 R8, 4.2, 6speed, silver, Sirius Radio, Stasis catback, K&N filter. (ToTALLED).
    2k10 Mini Cooper S, Midnight Blue, Eibach Pro Kit, StopTech brakes, K&N air intake, LED lights, Alta boost tube.
    2k9 Lexus RX350, Liquid Platinum, XM Radio, Hid Fogs, and LED DRL.

Quote Originally Posted by weidake View Post
    Been there and done that, now if I were to choose a tuner again I would go for eurocharged, not because their tune is better than VF, but they are local
    I have an AMG C63s (twin turbo V8) that I had Eurocharge tune the ecu at their Orlando facility and install catless downpipes. Have had no problems. Stock hp was 503hp and now 639hp at the crank.
    2018 Audi R8 V10 Plus (current)
    2017 Audi R8 V10 Plus, 12mm spacers, Michelin PS4's (gone)
    2019 AMG C63s, catless downpipes, RennTech tune, Stage 1 Turbo's, BMS Air Filters, performance fuel pump, Vorsteiner wheels, Michelin PS4 (current)
    2016 BMW M4, charge pipes, catless downpipes, ECU tune, Dinan exhaust, Vorsteiner wheels (gone)

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieNJ View Post
    I wouldn't tune a plus car. Not much room for improvement, not worth the risk.
    I tend to agree. Thanks
    2019 AMG C63s, catless downpipes, RennTech tune, Stage 1 Turbo's, BMS Air Filters, performance fuel pump, Vorsteiner wheels, Michelin PS4 (current)
    2016 BMW M4, charge pipes, catless downpipes, ECU tune, Dinan exhaust, Vorsteiner wheels (gone)

We all want more power. I had first installed an APR tune; my shop did it. The ECU's had to come out and be unlocked by APR the first time and sent back. I had no issues. Then I went with the SC, so they were put back to stock tune, then sent to VF to be flashed with their tune. Once SC was installed, ECU's went back in and my shop did the fine tuning in conjunction with VF. A lot of the vendors on here imply that their tunes are plug and play. Everything is good until you are the person that has the problem and now own a very expensive and beautiful paper weight. It's definitely a finicky thing and I personally don't want to mess with mine. I hope you get straightened out soon. Good Luck.
    2014 v10, S-Tronic, Phantom Black Pearl, GMG Racing CF Wing,
    PedalBox, Tubi Rumore Exhaust, VF750 SC
    2014 Audi Q5 TDI

Previous:
    2005 Dodge Viper, SC
    1969 Pro Street Camaro BB 572ci
    1969 Alky Injected Camaro Race Car BB 522ci
    1971 Z28 original

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieNJ View Post
    We all want more power. I had first installed an APR tune; my shop did it. The ECU's had to come out and be unlocked by APR the first time and sent back. I had no issues. Then I went with the SC, so they were put back to stock tune, then sent to VF to be flashed with their tune. Once SC was installed, ECU's went back in and my shop did the fine tuning in conjunction with VF. A lot of the vendors on here imply that their tunes are plug and play. Everything is good until you are the person that has the problem and now own a very expensive and beautiful paper weight. It's definitely a finicky thing and I personally don't want to mess with mine. I hope you get straightened out soon. Good Luck.
    I hear what you are saying about the "expensive paperweight". Mine will remain stock other than Michelin PS4's and wheel spacers.

Car is up and running! Mike had to go through 3 different files to try to recover the ECU but the guys at VF managed to make it all good. Everyone who's car has been previously tuned by some other company - be aware! This was the problem my tune originally failed. The last tuner didn't correctly correct the ECU modulus causing my ECU to lock up. Nothing the guys at VF could have been aware before, but if anyone has another tune and wants the HEX tune, this is definately something to look out for.

The burbles are and loud and clear, some ocasionally pop really loud. The only downside right now is the gas / accelerator being kind a "stuck" or the RPM's not really dropping so fast as I was used to before. If I recall correctly I remember somebody had thins same issue after the first tune and I'm sure this is somethig what can be remapped and fixed, but for now I'll keep it like this since I'm going away for a couple of days and I'll come back to this next week when hopefully VF guys have adjusted the tune a bit.

It's been a real bumpy ride but I'm glad everything worked out just fine

Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Car is up and running! Mike had to go through 3 different files to try to recover the ECU but the guys at VF managed to make it all good. Everyone who's car has been previously tuned by some other company - be aware! This was the problem my tune originally failed. The last tuner didn't correctly correct the ECU modulus causing my ECU to lock up. Nothing the guys at VF could have been aware before, but if anyone has another tune and wants the HEX tune, this is definately something to look out for.

The burbles are and loud and clear, some ocasionally pop really loud. The only downside right now is the gas / accelerator being kind a "stuck" or the RPM's not really dropping so fast as I was used to before. If I recall correctly I remember somebody had thins same issue after the first tune and I'm sure this is somethig what can be remapped and fixed, but for now I'll keep it like this since I'm going away for a couple of days and I'll come back to this next week when hopefully VF guys have adjusted the tune a bit.

It's been a real bumpy ride but I'm glad everything worked out just fine
    Are you in a manual?
    2011 Audi R8 V10 6MT - White Exterior/Red Interior
    2015 GMC Sierra 1500 5.2 V8 - Red Exterior GONE

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements