vf hex tuned R8 v10 manual - Page 15

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast

Thread: vf hex tuned R8 v10 manual

Re: vf hex tuned R8 v10 manual

Quote Originally Posted by Common View Post
    Car is up and running! Mike had to go through 3 different files to try to recover the ECU but the guys at VF managed to make it all good. Everyone who's car has been previously tuned by some other company - be aware! This was the problem my tune originally failed. The last tuner didn't correctly correct the ECU modulus causing my ECU to lock up. Nothing the guys at VF could have been aware before, but if anyone has another tune and wants the HEX tune, this is definately something to look out for.

The burbles are and loud and clear, some ocasionally pop really loud. The only downside right now is the gas / accelerator being kind a "stuck" or the RPM's not really dropping so fast as I was used to before. If I recall correctly I remember somebody had thins same issue after the first tune and I'm sure this is somethig what can be remapped and fixed, but for now I'll keep it like this since I'm going away for a couple of days and I'll come back to this next week when hopefully VF guys have adjusted the tune a bit.

It's been a real bumpy ride but I'm glad everything worked out just fine
    Nice So lucky, hopefully VF gets mine sorted.

I had the same issue where it doesn't drop the rpm, so I had it retuned which brought me into this situation.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by knightsabers View Post
    Nice So lucky, hopefully VF gets mine sorted.

I had the same issue where it doesn't drop the rpm, so I had it retuned which brought me into this situation.
    Weird, I had the RPM not dropping issue and they sent me a new tune which solved that. Only had to reflash with the OBD.

Quote Originally Posted by APOLLOSKI View Post
    Weird, I had the RPM not dropping issue and they sent me a new tune which solved that. Only had to reflash with the OBD.
    Yeah I had no issues before, reflashing the ECU. Did it a few times, looks like I drew the short straw this time with the revised tune. I guess, I should've left it as is in hindsight.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by knightsabers View Post
    Yeah I had no issues before, reflashing the ECU. Did it a few times, looks like I drew the short straw this time with the revised tune. I guess, I should've left it as is in hindsight.
    All of these one-off issues with VF tunes are why I returned my cable without ever installing the tune. I'd rather have a wonderful stock R8 than a tuned R8 with intermittent issues.
    2014 Audi R8 V8 STRONIC - 2018 Audi Q7 - 2018 Jeep Wrangler (JK)

I think that’s a bit unfounded. VF has successfully tuned thousands of v10’s with their “shelf” tune, which is very tried and true. It’s when people want all kinds of custom features written in that issues can arise. As VF informed me, there are dozens of ecu versions for our cars, dozens.
    Current: 12' R8 CF/Daytona V10 6MT
    ~VF/Hex tune~Avior Non-res~Reid intake tubes~10mm Spulen spacers~CF S-wheel~
    ~OEM euro side mirrors~Blendmount/iXc~Xpel'd~Gated 6MT~No questions asked~

Past:
    09' Daytona/CF R8 V8 6MT
    08' Daytona/Ti RS4 (dearly missed)
    05.5' Dolphin S4

Quote Originally Posted by WinterRunner View Post
    I think that’s a bit unfounded. VF has successfully tuned thousands of v10’s with their “shelf” tune, which is very tried and true. It’s when people want all kinds of custom features written in that issues can arise. As VF informed me, there are dozens of ecu versions for our cars, dozens.
    So a stock 2014 V8 STronic is a "custom feature" request? My experience with VF was not as positive as others. Support took awhile to respond, My 2014 V8 STronic was considered a "special" build and Tunes are not VF's bread and butter. They are typically tuning against their SC kit. Not the standalone tunes like APR or others.

Half the people that sing VF's praises are the guys that are constantly talking about how great their support is. If you're using their support that much then there is something off with the product. Just saying.

If I buy a Sony TV and im constantly on with their support, then I'm returning the TV.

Quote Originally Posted by GR8NJR8 View Post
    So a stock 2014 V8 STronic is a "custom feature" request? My experience with VF was not as positive as others. Support took awhile to respond, My 2014 V8 STronic was considered a "special" build and Tunes are not VF's bread and butter. They are typically tuning against their SC kit. Not the standalone tunes like APR or others.

Half the people that sing VF's praises are the guys that are constantly talking about how great their support is. If you're using their support that much then there is something off with the product. Just saying.

If I buy a Sony TV and im constantly on with their support, then I'm returning the TV.
    They are pretty slow. I had to flash my car back to stock for Smog and since they did my tune in house, I didnt have the tuned file to flash to after the smog was done. I requested they send me the file (something that was right in their database, no tuning work involved) and lets just say I still dont have it. Its been a month.

Quote Originally Posted by APOLLOSKI View Post
    I requested they send me the file (something that was right in their database, no tuning work involved) and lets just say I still dont have it. Its been a month.
    This ^ - I had to ask for a refund and ship my cable back before I received an email from support saying they were available to help anytime I needed. This was at least two weeks after I had emailed their general support mailbox, posted on the forum and texted Gary at VF. Gary was responsive when I was able to get a hold of him. VF support can't just be Gary.

Good luck with your tune APOLLOSKI.

Not my VF experience at all, always prompt, spot on, and knowledgeable. My V10 is so strong right now!
    Current: 12' R8 CF/Daytona V10 6MT
    ~VF/Hex tune~Avior Non-res~Reid intake tubes~10mm Spulen spacers~CF S-wheel~
    ~OEM euro side mirrors~Blendmount/iXc~Xpel'd~Gated 6MT~No questions asked~

Past:
    09' Daytona/CF R8 V8 6MT
    08' Daytona/Ti RS4 (dearly missed)
    05.5' Dolphin S4

Ya solid tune here just got my vf supercharger installed and it works flawlessly.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 51213141516 LastLast