Stasis (VF) Supercharger - cooling system question

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: Stasis (VF) Supercharger - cooling system question

Stasis (VF) Supercharger - cooling system question

Hi all-
    I own a 2011 V10 with the Stasis SC kit. Works great/no issues.
    But since it was installed by original dealer many moons ago, and Stasis is long gone, I cant find certain information. Oddly- the Stasis website still exists, but doesn't have granular information.
    I reached out to VF as it is essentially a VF system, but they would offer no help.

I'm trying to learn HOW this system is cooled, and if there is a separate water tank or radiator that needs checking/topping up.
    I'm sort of panicked that I may have a distinct (not fed by stock/normal system) Supercharger tank or reservoir somewhere that I should be checking, and dont know!
    Anyone? Bueller?
    Thanks!
    Im happy as long as Im ahead of you. Hidden Content
    2011 R8 5.2 6spd Spyder / Suzuka Grey / Stasis VF supercharged / Alcon brakes / Akrapovic exhaust / Carbon Fiber bits n pieces
    2003 996 Turbo / Evoms It tune and TCU / Moton suspension /BBS RGT wheels / Fabspeed exhaust / more CF goodies.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Stasis (VF) Supercharger - cooling system question

You should have and auxiliary water tank in the front hood area, where to tools go and the fill port is by the PS reservoir. The fill port will look like a 3/4 rubber hose that is plugged at the end.
    Last edited by ULTIMATEPD; 04-25-2019 at 08:55 AM.
    VAG COM Service in Houston - PM me
    OEM Clutch kits, Pedalbox, TCU tunes, Exhaust systems, OEM Genuine Parts
    Carbon Fiber accessories.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    IG shardul_amg
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ULTIMATEPD View Post
    You should have and auxiliary water tank in the front hood area, where to tools go and the fill port is by the PS reservoir. The fill port will look like a 3/4 rubber hose that is plugged at the end.
    Thanks!!
    I will look for/find it tonight.
    Noob questions- sorry:
    Is there a method to see if it needs filling (level)?
    Assume just water (ie no coolant)?
    Can I accidentally overfill and cause issues?
    2011 R8 5.2 6spd Spyder / Suzuka Grey / Stasis VF supercharged / Alcon brakes / Akrapovic exhaust / Carbon Fiber bits n pieces
    2003 996 Turbo / Evoms It tune and TCU / Moton suspension /BBS RGT wheels / Fabspeed exhaust / more CF goodies.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

I would bleed it to check of any air.
    VAG COM Service in Houston - PM me
    OEM Clutch kits, Pedalbox, TCU tunes, Exhaust systems, OEM Genuine Parts
    Carbon Fiber accessories.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content
    IG shardul_amg
    Hidden Content

Supporting Vendor VF-Engineering's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Another car View Post
    Hi all-
    I own a 2011 V10 with the Stasis SC kit. Works great/no issues.
    But since it was installed by original dealer many moons ago, and Stasis is long gone, I cant find certain information. Oddly- the Stasis website still exists, but doesn't have granular information.
    I reached out to VF as it is essentially a VF system, but they would offer no help.

I'm trying to learn HOW this system is cooled, and if there is a separate water tank or radiator that needs checking/topping up.
    I'm sort of panicked that I may have a distinct (not fed by stock/normal system) Supercharger tank or reservoir somewhere that I should be checking, and dont know!
    Anyone? Bueller?
    Thanks!

I'm not sure how you tried to contact us, or who you may have been in contact with,
    but I apologize that you did not receive the answers/support you were looking for.

If you still have questions, please give me a call directly at 714.528.0066 ext. 404,
    or by e-mail - [email protected]

Here is a diagram showing the entire VF720/750 system for the Audi R8 (Gen1) V10.
    The supercharger system employs and air-to-water intercooler which is comprised of
    the 'charged air cooler' (located in the manifold, directly below the supercharger unit)
    and a 'front mount heat exchanger' (located just behind the front bumper). It's a
    closed look system that utilizes it's own 'water reservoir' and 'water pump' (located
    in the "frunk"
    ).

It's an incredibly efficient arrangement for up to the advertised 750 horsepower level!

It looks like you're located in Seattle, so if you need a recommendation or reference
    for a local qualified technician, we would be happy to point you in the right direction.

ABOUT VF-Engineering:
    VF-Engineering, Inc. uses state of the art processes to design, create, test and manufacture one of the highest quality supercharger kits on the market. The VF-Engineering facility is Located in the heart of Southern California. All our products are created and tested in house to ensure optimal gains and ensure factory like driveability and reliability. Proudly Made in the USA.
    Hidden Content
    P: 714-528-0066
    E: Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by VF-Engineering View Post

I'm not sure how you tried to contact us, or who you may have been in contact with,
    but I apologize that you did not receive the answers/support you were looking for.

If you still have questions, please give me a call directly at 714.528.0066 ext. 404,
    or by e-mail - [email protected]

Here is a diagram showing the entire VF720/750 system for the Audi R8 (Gen1) V10.
    The supercharger system employs and air-to-water intercooler which is comprised of
    the 'charged air cooler' (located in the manifold, directly below the supercharger unit)
    and a 'front mount heat exchanger' (located just behind the front bumper). It's a
    closed look system that utilizes it's own 'water reservoir' and 'water pump' (located
    in the "frunk"
    ).

It's an incredibly efficient arrangement for up to the advertised 750 horsepower level!

It looks like you're located in Seattle, so if you need a recommendation or reference
    for a local qualified technician, we would be happy to point you in the right direction.

Hello Gary- truly appreciate your reply and stepping in.
    I'll take you up on your offer - will call you asap!
    THANKS!

9. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements