Mystery Fob

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mystery Fob

Mystery Fob

Hi Guys,
    Recently bought a second hand R8 and the guy who sold it to me didn’t really know all too much about it. When I got the car keys it has this fob attached to it, but I have no idea what it does. Anyone know what it is?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mystery Fob-image_1566063448478.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Mystery Fob

Old style Capristo exhaust valve controller. 1- closes exhaust valves 2- Opens exhaust valves, 3/4 for programming exhaust valves.
    Black/Gold 09 V8 Coupe R-Tronic. Black/Gold 05 Race prep'd Yamaha R1.

Thanks Dave. That has actually made my day! Thanks for the help! Do you know the exact functions of 3 and 4?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan451 View Post
    Thanks Dave. That has actually made my day! Thanks for the help! Do you know the exact functions of 3 and 4?
    I have never programmed the valves on my exhaust (too lazy) so I just have them closed in town and open when out of town.

I have responded to the OP's other post and copied and pasted the explanation from the Capristo manual.
    10 V10 Coupe, Ibis, 6MT, Capristo, Carbon Blades, OZ Ultraleggera HLT's, Maxton Splitter.
    Maintained by RE Performance.

Mitsubishi Evo V1 RS450 Extreme

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Trev450 View Post
    I have responded to the OP's other post and copied and pasted the explanation from the Capristo manual.
    Still haven't programmed mine Trev, even with all the instructions you gave me, just plain lazy. Anyway it's nearly 10 o'clock here on a very sunny day so time to drive and not write

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    Still haven't programmed mine Trev, even with all the instructions you gave me, just plain lazy. Anyway it's nearly 10 o'clock here on a very sunny day so time to drive and not write
    Enjoy it Dave.
    10 V10 Coupe, Ibis, 6MT, Capristo, Carbon Blades, OZ Ultraleggera HLT's, Maxton Splitter.
    Maintained by RE Performance.

Mitsubishi Evo V1 RS450 Extreme

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by DaveL View Post
    It's still programmed from the factory. You only need to program it if you want to change when the exhaust valves open. I definitely would if I were you! I did mine and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by vpatel3473 View Post
    It's still programmed from the factory. You only need to program it if you want to change when the exhaust valves open. I definitely would if I were you! I did mine and I love it.
    As I said, open out of town, closed in town but the valves open up when doing the traffic light grand prix kkkkkkkkk

Quote Originally Posted by Trev450 View Post
    Enjoy it Dave.
    Mystery Fob-aquiraz-sunshine-18-08-19.jpg Mystery Fob-aquiraz-18-08-19.jpg Thanks Trev, Pit stop for a "Coke", what a great day with no traffic either.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast