LMS Headers on V10

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: LMS Headers on V10

LMS Headers on V10

Hey guys,

I've got a 2013 S-Tronic V10+, have a lead on some LMS Headers, just have a few questions for those who have installed, or know more about them.

1) What sort of power gains did people pick up? My tuner is telling me that I should be around 630HP or so, does that sound about right?

2) Is the design of the LMS Headers the same as the stock V10 headers, except they have 200CEL HFCs? And are lighter? I assume they must be made out of a different material then?

3) Does anybody have any sound clips? The only one I've seen is of an Orange one with a Capristo exhaust, but, the clip isn't very good. Too many other cars there, can't really tell.

4) How much louder did it get? Did it change the tone for anybody? I've got an IPE Titanium right now, and love how with the windows up, even with the valves open, it's quite quiet in the car, and no drone or anything.

5) During installation, did you HAVE to drop the Engine? I've read that some say you do, and some say you don't.

Thanks!
    Phil

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: LMS Headers on V10

I'll answer what I can, I'm in the market like yourself, and have gathered some of those answers thus far.

1) I have been told that around 40-50 whp gain is had coupled with a solid exhaust.

2) I believe they are a different design, more "streamlined"and breathe better, and they do have 200 cel cats.

3) Just listen to an GEN 1 LMS R8, the sound should be very similar, depending on what catback you couple with it.

4) Don't know.

5) You have to drop the engine. Would be a good time to service other portions of the engine such as the AC system, carbon clean, etc.
    Current: 12' R8 CF/Daytona V10 6MT
    ~VF/Hex tune~Avior Non-res~Reid intake tubes~10mm Spulen spacers~CF S-wheel~
    ~OEM euro side mirrors~Blendmount/iXc~Xpel'd~Gated 6MT~No questions asked~

Past:
    09' Daytona/CF R8 V8 6MT
    08' Daytona/Ti RS4 (dearly missed)
    05.5' Dolphin S4

Thanks for the info WinterRunner!

Seems that I've got to drop the Engine. AC System was done by the previous owner, car's only got 15k Miles, so the carbon clean might not even be worth it, haha.

Will have to give it some more thought. If dropping the Engine is required, the LMS Headers are almost about 1/2 the price of an ESS SC already, haha.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Not to hijack, but by chance are these smog legal? I live in the great state of smog controlled CA and I was wondering if these were CARD legal. Also, interested in exhaust note as OP mentioned. I have a Fabspeed exhaust and I love the sound now. Not sure if I want it any louder.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff.R8 View Post
    Not to hijack, but by chance are these smog legal? I live in the great state of smog controlled CA and I was wondering if these were CARD legal. Also, interested in exhaust note as OP mentioned. I have a Fabspeed exhaust and I love the sound now. Not sure if I want it any louder.
    They are catalytic converters and not just straight through headers. I know they are legal mostly everywhere else but can't sat if they are CARB compliant. The exhaust gases coming out would pass an emissions test and I doubt California would ever know that you changed them out to the high flow units.
    Current:
    2012 Audi R8 GT Spyder #060 Suz Grey Matte
    2013 Ford Fusion Energi
    2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
    2008 Triuph Rocket III

It seems very hard to think they would be CARB legal. CARB certification generally requires a specific form filled out for that part, and this is a VERY rare part indeed. Proceed with caution if you live in California would be my advice.
    Steve Theodore
    2010 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
    2008 Porsche 911 GT2
    2012 Lexus IS-F

9. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements