Who has a supercharged V10?

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who has a supercharged V10?

I plan on twin turboing my V10 in the next couple of years but I'm not going to go half ass, I'm going to do a build. We all know that can cost 50-200k, depending on how crazy you go.

I know there are superchargers out there for 20k (yes, yes, not the same animal) but it might hold me over until I shell out the big bucks for a full build.

Do you drive it hard?
    Are there any V10s out there that have failed with a supercharger?

Thanks!
    R8 V10 RTronic Hidden Content
    C7 Z07 DD lol
    C5 Z06 Track Monster
    997 C4S Cab Hidden Content
    Chevelle Drop Top

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Who has a supercharged V10?

I have a VF Engineering supercharged V10. I am very happy with this setup and chose it over the twin turbo setup. The power delivery is very smooth and linear. The car can be driven everyday, very normally. However, when you plant your foot the car is a beast. I am making about 800 crank hp and that is plenty for me. I loose traction in 1st, 2nd and third if conditions are not ideal like outside temperature or tire temp.

I highly recommend this setup and based on what other R8 and Lambo v10 owners have said online, this is a very reliable way to make useable power.
    Hidden Content
    2010 R8 V10 | Black on Black | VF Supercharged 780HP | Manual | ADV1 | Capristo | H&R

2006 Ford GT Tungsten Grey / Silver Stripes | heffner exhaust | Pulley & Tune

Superformance Cobra | Blue / white stripes | 351W bored to 396 | 485HP | 2480 lbs

1933 Ford Speedstar Vicky Hot Rod.

2015 Audi SQ5, Sepang Blue, Black optics.

2006 M3 convertible.

Quote Originally Posted by Propdave View Post
    I have a VF Engineering supercharged V10. I am very happy with this setup and chose it over the twin turbo setup. The power delivery is very smooth and linear. The car can be driven everyday, very normally. However, when you plant your foot the car is a beast. I am making about 800 crank hp and that is plenty for me. I loose traction in 1st, 2nd and third if conditions are not ideal like outside temperature or tire temp.

I highly recommend this setup and based on what other R8 and Lambo v10 owners have said online, this is a very reliable way to make useable power.
    Hi Dave,

All good using your standard clutch with this setup?

Best wishes.
    OEM Audi Parts
    Audi Porsche FerrariLamborghini

Superb prices ! Exclusive products ! Fast shipping

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

What he said. I drove it really hard at COTA a couple of weeks ago, and at 165+ mph, it wasn't even breathing hard. No problems or issues whatsoever. VF-Engineering makes this thing run like a Swiss watch. And cooler than a stock V10 on the track. I'm very proud of it, and lucky to own it.
    2014 R8 5.2 Coupe S-Tronic VF750 supercharged Ceramic brakes, Ibis White , Carbon fiber, O.Z. Ultraleggera racing wheels
    2014 Tesla Model S P85D(L+), Silver, Black leather, 21" wheels, Autopilot, Ludicrous+ is an understatement with 0-60 @ 2.28s
    2012 Tesla Model S Signature Performance #905, Pearl White, 19" wheels (gone)
    2011 R8 5.2 FSI, R-Tronic, Coupe, Ibis White, Carbon fiber sideblade, APR 93 tune (gone)
    Hidden Content " border="0" />

Quote Originally Posted by Audi-OEM View Post
    Hi Dave,

All good using your standard clutch with this setup?

Best wishes.
    The new clutch is working great. I appreciate all the help you provided and the excellent advice.
    Hidden Content
    2010 R8 V10 | Black on Black | VF Supercharged 780HP | Manual | ADV1 | Capristo | H&R

Superformance Cobra | Blue / white stripes | 351W bored to 396 | 485HP | 2480 lbs

2006 M3 convertible.

The new clutch is working great. I appreciate all the help you provided and the excellent advice.
    Did you put the Kevlar clutch in?
    C7 Z07 DD lol
    C5 Z06 Track Monster
    Chevelle Drop Top

Quote Originally Posted by exhilR8 View Post
    What he said. I drove it really hard at COTA a couple of weeks ago, and at 165+ mph, it wasn't even breathing hard. No problems or issues whatsoever. VF-Engineering makes this thing run like a Swiss watch. And cooler than a stock V10 on the track. I'm very proud of it, and lucky to own it.

Any videos for me?
    C7 Z07 DD lol
    C5 Z06 Track Monster
    Chevelle Drop Top

For the folks with the VF kit. How much did you guys pay for installation?
    [GONE] 2012 Audi R8 5.2 | Ibis White | 6MT | CCB | Full Leather + Red Stitching | Custom Upholstery | CF Sideblades/Mirrors/Interior/Steering Wheel/Shift Knob/Shift Ring/Spoiler/Door Trim/Engine Vents/Inner Door Sills | Alcantara Headliner | Illuminated Sills | White Instruments | Titanium 5-Spoke | Capristo X-Pipe + Black Optics Tips | F1 Pinnacle Ceramic | XPEL Ultimate | Opti-Coat

I'm happy with my VF Engineering supercharger. The programming is glitch free (no error codes). Docile when driving with my wife on board. 3.15 seconds to 60 when I get on it. I have no experience with twin turbo so I can't compare them.

Roger
    2014 Phantom Black R8 Spider, V10, S Tronic. GMG Wheels, GMG Exhaust, and a few other parts. JRZ coil overs, VF Engineering Supercharger.

Install takes about 32 hours give or take. So budget $4k and you should be good.

I went with the stock clutch, not the Kevlar.
    Hidden Content

2006 M3 convertible.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast