Has anyone supercharged their V10?

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone supercharged their V10?

Has anyone supercharged their V10?

I hear the first STāSIS supercharger kits have been installed on the Audi R8 V10. Has anyone on R8Talk done the mod? We'd all love to hear about your real world experience!
    2018 R8 LMS GT4 | 2014 R8 LMS Ultra GT3 | 2012 R8 GT Coupe 5.2 6RT | 2009 R8 Coupe 4.2 6MT

Exiting a corner on the limit is like tightrope-walking; entering a corner on the limit is like jumping onto a tightrope while blindfolded. - Mark Donahue

Welcome to R8Talk. Please read the FAQ: Audi R8 Introduction and Road Map.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Has anyone supercharged their V10?

Still waiting for mine. Whether it'll be in before AudiFest is anyone's guess...
    2011 Audi R8 V10 MT; Sepang Blue with matching blade and engine vents, matt wrap; Stasis SuperCharger #12; Stasis brake rotors
    2009 Porsche Cayman S MT (gone)
    2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged (gone)
    2004 Aston Martin Vanquish SDP Works Service MT (gone)
    1997 BMW Z3 2.8 MT (gone)

My R8 Spyder is in my dealership Winner Audi in Wilmington, DE awaiting installation of the Extreme Challenge Kit. I think that I am #8 in the world. The Stasis engineer will arrive tomorrow to begin the install process. I believe that it will be at least a 4 day process. I hope to have it back by next weekend and if I'm not locked up immediately I will post my first experiences at some point next weekend.

My R8 has good company in my garage with a Ferrari 458, Corvette ZR1 and Bentley Supersport. All of my cars are modified except my my 458 (sorry no need to modify absolute perfection). I am really looking forward to driving my R8 as it is my only 3 peddle foreigner left in my collection.

I am so fortunate to have these toys to play around with. I understand and remind myself daily. Peace to all.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

My Audi dealer has done at least one Spyder Daytona gray with the full package wheels supercharger brakes etc. and possibly one Coupe also.
    I saw the Spyder when they worked on it,

Tonny
    2011 Audi A8L Ibis White/Black Roof/Black Interior
    Pretty much loaded.

Dean -- I saw your beautiful Spyder this past week getting wrapped. Stellar indeed. I had a chance to go for a ride in Mr Firetti's Supercharged V10 coupe a couple months ago. Exhilarating!!!! Of course, his was an R-tronic. I can't imagine just what it would feel like in a Supercharged V10 with the top down... pure joy! And in a manual? Talk about fun. Tommy and the R8 techs over at Wilmington are just great. I hear rumors of a GT? Perhaps we can meet up sometime? Cheers.
    Last edited by soho; 09-19-2011 at 06:49 AM.

well Soho you're one up on me because I haven't seen my car since August when it was flat bedded down to Winner. Yes a GT is in my future I am told and I would be happy to meet up with you at some point once the R8 is completed. PM me your contact info. Michael is a friend and I agree his car is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by TonnyG View Post
    My Audi dealer has done at least one Spyder Daytona gray with the full package wheels supercharger brakes etc. and possibly one Coupe also.
    I saw the Spyder when they worked on it,

Tonny
    Sorry, you got bad intel.

We did wheels, tires, suspension and exhaust on the Daytona Gray Spider. The car already had the ceramic brakes, so the STaSIS rotors weren't necessary. The supercharger was supposed to be installed by "end of summer." However, after a long run around and poor communication, all three of our supercharger orders have been canceled. Now we're down to zero.

STaSIS did no research on the optional rotors. The wheels did not fit against the Ceramic Rotors on this car, so the cheap fix was to shave the wheel hub. Unsafe in my opinion and a big headache for everyone involved.

Last edited by TonyT; 09-21-2011 at 09:53 PM.

I don't know why it has taken this long to get the STāSIS V10 SC kits into the field. I can understand and sympathize with your frustration when the promised delivery dates keep slipping. I do however believe the STāSIS SC kits will be a winner on the V10. I'm sure that if you'd hung in there the final result would have been satisfying. I have a couple of reasons for saying so:

I have had a STāSIS supercharger kit on my R8 V8 for over a year - mine was the second customer car installation and the first in USA. I daily drive the car, and also track it regularly. It has been everything I'd hoped for - strong, tractable and reliable. The VF-branded variant has been on cars for an additional year before mine. So there is ample operational experience with the basic product.

I'm not a STāSIS "insider"; however because I'm a customer who happens to live close to STāSIS's SC development partner VF Engineering I've had the opportunity to drive two of the supercharged V10 FSI cars, one a STāSIS R8 V10 Challenge Edition coupe and the other a VF Engineering LP-560 coupe. These are both without question very impressive cars and I, for one, would be very happy to own either!

bripar77 and I were at VF a week or so ago, and we watched SC hardware kits for the Audi R8 V10 being inspected, assembled and packaged for shipping to STāSIS, so I can assure you the V10 kits are finally getting out into the field. We were told that over a dozen had been shipped and perhaps half of those were already installed on cars.

They showed me some very nice detail improvements to a few of the components versus those in my year-old kit. I was impressed that the product, as good as it already is, is not static but instead continues to undergo improvements aiding ease of production, permitting simpler installation, and very likely improving long term reliability as well.
    Last edited by desperado; 09-22-2011 at 11:00 PM.
    2018 R8 LMS GT4 | 2014 R8 LMS Ultra GT3 | 2012 R8 GT Coupe 5.2 6RT | 2009 R8 Coupe 4.2 6MT

Exiting a corner on the limit is like tightrope-walking; entering a corner on the limit is like jumping onto a tightrope while blindfolded. - Mark Donahue

Welcome to R8Talk. Please read the FAQ: Audi R8 Introduction and Road Map.

Can. Not. Wait.
    2011 Audi R8 V10 MT; Sepang Blue with matching blade and engine vents, matt wrap; Stasis SuperCharger #12; Stasis brake rotors
    2009 Porsche Cayman S MT (gone)
    2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged (gone)
    2004 Aston Martin Vanquish SDP Works Service MT (gone)
    1997 BMW Z3 2.8 MT (gone)

OMG...You feel like you've been launched from a sligshot. It has so much power and it handles like its on rails. This car has no equal. The only thing missing would be a transmission similar to teh Ferrari 458. I happen to have a 6 speed and thats cool but how much better would it be if I had a dual clutch.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast