Airbag Light and VAG-COM Questions

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: Airbag Light and VAG-COM Questions

Airbag Light and VAG-COM Questions

Hi all,

Just installed an aftermarket drivers bucket seat into my 2014 R8 V10 - tried to put the correct resistor in there but evidently messed up somehow. Airbag warning light remains on even after clearing in VAG-COM.

Does anyone know if when the airbag warning light is on, are all airbags off? Or is it just a warning that the side airbag doesn't work? I'm leaving for a longer driving trip in two weeks, if the former I'll have to really push to get a new resistor installed / clear ahead of taking off, but if not I don't mind a warning light being on the dash for a while

Separately, was wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to clear a spoiler fault light long-term? I installed a Liberty Walk ducktail spoiler that involved removing the entire OEM spoiler motor, and now the light is on (comes back as soon as you clear in VAGCOM). Not a huge deal but if it can be cleared that'd be great

Finally wondering if anyone figured out how to have tail lights come on as DRL? Searched through the VAGCOM thread and doesn't seem like there was a consensus. Additionally tried the coding here https://www.r8talk.com/forums/5-gene...-settings.html but didn't work / only replaced my turn signals with my backup lights...
    2014 Matte Sepang Blue R8 V10+

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Airbag Light and VAG-COM Questions

You maybe able to code out the airbag light, check the instrument cluster (17).
    Spoiler can be coded out in the long coding of central electronics.
    Tail lights I have less experience with, but that should be located in central electronics too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements