Clutch Replacement Questions - Page 2

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clutch Replacement Questions

Re: Clutch Replacement Questions

It's a 2011 the clutch isn't giving me a issue as of yet but I'm not sure with 27k on the clock and the supercharger recently installed on the car how long the OEM clutch will last

Quote Originally Posted by Hi Tech Exotic View Post
    Dodson only makes clutches for Gen 2 R8(DCT) like V10 plus. We build clutches for Gen 1 R8(2008-2012) as of now. We have clutches that range from 1,000-2,000 horsepower.

What year is your R8?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Supporting Vendor Hi Tech Exotic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diablosangelis View Post
    Do you have experience with the Kevlar clutch? I've seen the claims they make, just haven't seen much independent assessment of them.
    Randy, thank you for purchasing our HT350 and our upgraded throw out bearing TOB300. Your clutch was shipped yesterday.
    Hidden Content

Sean
    Hi Tech Exotic
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Specializing in Kevlar clutches for
    Lamborghini and Ferrari and R8 for over 20 years

1-888-456-0437
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by vpatel3473 View Post
    It's a 2011 the clutch isn't giving me a issue as of yet but I'm not sure with 27k on the clock and the supercharger recently installed on the car how long the OEM clutch will last
    Supercharger and bolt on TT will chew up the stock/oem clutch because oem clutch can't handle the extra hp properly. At higher rpm, a stock clutch slips so slightly and it will cause the stock clutch to glaze. We have seen many oem clutches on SC/TT cars that have a lot of clutch left but it's glazed. After that they don't shift right and they start slipping even though they have more than 50% clutch left.

We had 2 bolt on TT customers, one had our Kevlar clutch and one had the oem clutch. They raced from 20-30 mph to 130-140 mph. Our Kevlar customer would be ahead by one car every time they shifted at 8k rpm. By the end of the race, our Kevlar customer was ahead by 6-8 cars. They both had the same exact TT and same hp. After the race, the stock clutch customer bought our HT300. After he broke in the HT300, they raced again and they were dead even. The right clutch makes difference. Our HT300 and HT350 stage 1 can handle up to 1,000 hp.
    Hidden Content

Sean
    Hi Tech Exotic
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

1-888-456-0437
    Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

What's the pricing like on the kevlar compared to OEM? I'm not having any issues with mine, but it'd be good to know my options for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by lunyx View Post
    What's the pricing like on the kevlar compared to OEM? I'm not having any issues with mine, but it'd be good to know my options for future reference.
    Thank you for your interest in our Kevlar clutches. I sent you a PM.
    Hidden Content

Sean
    Hi Tech Exotic
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

1-888-456-0437
    Hidden Content

8. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements