Any meets in the Dallas/Fort Worth area?

1. Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums – General discussion forum for Audi R8

Welcome to Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums - a website dedicated to all things Audi R8.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, Join Audi R8 Forum : Audi R8 forums today!

Thread: Any meets in the Dallas/Fort Worth area?

Any meets in the Dallas/Fort Worth area?

I'm in Frisco

2. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

Re: Any meets in the Dallas/Fort Worth area?

Taylor - most of the local guys are on the facebook group. Look up R8 Club Dallas. A few of us occasionally meet up for Cars and Coffee, Cars and Cannoli and Cars and Cantina monthly meets. Every once in a while I set up a weekend cruise through the roads north of us in Celina and Sherman.

You can also go to the club website here and sign up: https://www.r8dallasclub.com/

Since we have a Dallas audience, can someone recommend a service adviser at either Dallas or Plano Audi. I read some posts saying that for dealer services, Audi Dallas is better. I am having an R8 shipped to Dallas and need to have the expansion tank fixed, a state inspection, and possibly the 15k service.

Thanks,
    Neil
    Last edited by neilk; 04-26-2019 at 01:07 PM.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements

You can try Kyle Jackson. He's my SA at Dallas, as is Don Istook at Fort Worth. I don't do Grapevine anymore, even though they're so danm close.

Quote Originally Posted by GT#298 View Post
    You can try Kyle Jackson. He's my SA at Dallas, as is Don Istook at Fort Worth. I don't do Grapevine anymore, even though they're so danm close.
    Thanks, i will give him a call when I get the car.

What are the issues with Audi Grapevine ? I was recommended to go to Audi McKinney , stay away from Grapevine..

Audi Grapevine is fine. . .if they were selling Kias. They will not do the recalls on my SQ5. Three times I called about scheduling it and three times they never called back. I know someone that used to work there and they moved on because they didn't agree with their business model, being an Audi dealership. I would never take my R8 to them. Blair Automotive has three Audi trained and certified technicians. They just replaced my AC compressor and did a full service for just under $5k (with a coupon).

EDIT: They have many certified technicians. What I meant was three R8 certified techs.
    Last edited by GT#298; 04-28-2019 at 11:03 AM.

Thank you for the feedback on Audi Grapevine and recommendation on Blair .I did have them do my 30K AudiCare maintenance , hope they did the work thoroughly and completely. The Service Advisor did leave after my AudiCare work . No idea why.

I don't care what kind of business it is. . .if they have high turn-over, they're doing something wrong.
    If the employees are unhappy, they do their work grudgingly. I don't want someone working on my car who's pist off.

BTW. . .I intentionally misspell certain words to avoid censorship. Otherwise, my posts might look like this:
    Just what the **** do these ****heads think they're doing that makes a **** bit of difference?
    Last edited by GT#298; 04-28-2019 at 11:12 AM.

Audi Club NA Texas Meet in Houston May 17-19

Since we have some Texas participants here and for those who may not seen, the State Meet for the Lonestar Chapter of Audi Club NA is in Houston May 17-19.

Link to details/registration:
    https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...arriott-734176

I have assisted in organizing and choosing most of venues and am excited about what is planned.

Would be great to have some from the forum join us.

13. Remove Advertisements
    Audi R8 Forum
    Advertisements