Audi R8 Forums banner

Tire Stickers

6K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  vanityoriginals 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I am interested in getting tire stickers on my gen 2 R8. Wanted to see if anybody on the forum has done it and what the experience has been like?

I have a red R8, so if I do it will look to have “Audi R8” lettering and red logo on top and “Pirelli” at bottom.

Would love to see some examples if anybody out there has done the same.

Thanks

#8 ·
Thanks. I went for it thinking it would key on the calipers and GT emblems and it does. It actually looks brighter in the picture than in person. I probably wouldn’t do it randomly. It should tie in somewhere. My wife wants pirelli in yellow now for her Ferrari because of the shields and yellow calipers against black on black...

#11 · (Edited)
I was actually in that same spec Huayra roadster haha! At the end of the day, it's your own style. Working with Ferrari, McLaren, Lamborghini, and Koenigsegg for many years. I can tell you very few of these cars have tire stickers. Money definitely cannot buy Taste. Sticker away my friend, Sticker away
FYI: I'm pretty sure that is the actual Pirelli tire made with the white raised lettering, not a corny sticker.

#12 ·
Don't get wrapped up in this guys BS. He's the best, he's been in all the cars, he's the richest, he's the best looking, he worked for Ferarri, he drove a Pagani, etc.. shame he doesn't realize the one thing he really is.

I think the tire stickers look pretty wild. Adds a touch to the car. The best part, you like them and that's all that counts. Nice job!

#14 ·
I will tell you that they look pretty ragged after a bit. So regardless of ricer or not opinion, they will age poorly.

#16 ·
Need I say more.....ugggggly after a hard day!

Tire Alloy wheel Automotive tire Wheel Rim

#18 ·
Need I say more.....ugggggly after a hard day!

View attachment 236460
Nice. Went to Concourso Italiano in Monterey last year and checked out all the tires on the Ferraris. Only two that showed any indication of track time. 0 on the Lamborghini's, Lotus', Maserati's.
These cars are meant for more than revving at a stop light or speeding down the highway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.