Audi R8 Forums banner

2008 R8 Daytona Grey

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Pootz 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I've been lurking on this forum for a while but am finally able to post since I just purchased a 2008 R8 in daytona grey. I was able to get a pretty good deal on this car due to the high mileage - the car has 144K km on the odometer, but the engine only has about 20K km on it. There's definitely items that need to be fixed up on this car, so I hope to learn lots from fellow members here.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Audi r8
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Audi r8
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Audi Automotive design

See less See more
#7 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys! Sorry haven't checked this thread in a bit.

The only info I have is that the previous owner spun a rod bearing on the old engine. He purchased a low mileage engine from a salvage yard and had the dealer install it.

I've had this car for a little over a month now and this car has had a rough life. It's going to be a long journey restoring as much as I can...

At least most of the paint/body still looks decent.

#8 ·
I think this is a car that I had my eye on. Very nice looking from the picture but I’ve always been a sucker for Daytona grey.

Would like to hear more on the issues and progress. Good luck with it and hope you enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.