Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew that we wouldnt have too many standard features to our cars, and to be honest i dont mind. Its nice to be able to specify my exact car without having to pay for options i have no desire for.

It is very childish but i loved the thought of the LEDs inside the engine bay, only for evening pose appeal.

So when i was looking through the brouchure the LEDs are included in the 'Light Package' all sounds of so far.

Light Package includes auto-dimming rear view mirror,light and rain sensors and LED lights illuminating footwell and engine compartment £430

i thought great thats what i want and all that for £430 not horrendous
BUT below this is

Auto-dimming rear view mirror,includes light and rain sensors £200,

so for my 3 or 4 strips of LEDs which cost pennies we get charged £230!

so now its a head over heart choice.:confused:

·
Registered
840 Posts
That makes the Carbon Sigma engine bay cover over £2k worth of option ... as that option, which includes the light pack, cost £2,750 which less the £430 for the light pack leaves you paying £2,320 for the carbon bits in engine bay which if you add in the carbon sigma sideblades (£1,500) and carbon sigma inlays in the cabin (£1,650) means if you want to carry the carbon look all the way through the car ... engine bay, exterior and interior ... it'll cost you £5,740.

Even by Audi standards ... this seems rather pricey!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Lets then hope that they do not offer colour coordinated seatbelts, did I not see in the RS4 brochures this being something like a £1200 -£1500 option. Now I can tell you that seatbelt webbing first grade costs less than 25p per m, coloured say 35p per m . I have not got enough digits on my calculator to workout the margin but I think your LEDS are a bargain in comparison

·
Registered
840 Posts
Lets then hope that they do not offer colour coordinated seatbelts, did I not see in the RS4 brochures this being something like a £1200 -£1500 option. Now I can tell you that seatbelt webbing first grade costs less than 25p per m, coloured say 35p per m . I have not got enough digits on my calculator to workout the margin but I think your LEDS are a bargain in comparison
Mmmm ... colour coded seat belts ... good job my interior will be black or dark grey ... so black seat belts should look ok ... although having them matching the paint colour ... or contrasting the interior might be nice.

Colour coded seat belts must have been a later option on the RS4 ... as they weren't on the specification guide I ordered my RS4 from in November last year ... although neither was double glazing ... which I seem to understand is now an option on the RS4 ... although why you'd want to mute the sound of that wonderful exhaust (obviously in sport mode ... it is now mandatory to press the button on putting the key in the ignition) beyond just closing the standard electric windows is beyond me!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if they were to offer coloured seat belts than they should offer coloured dials aswell.

Porsche offer white or black as std and on the C4S other colours were £350 i think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts