Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accelerating hard from a stop, not using launch control, full throttle acceleration then paddle shift into 2nd. How does your car shift feel from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to third right at the end of the yellow rev range? Does it just slam home into 2nd and 3rd or does it sound like it slips a little bit?

Also, does anybody know how the dealership checks clutch life? Do they plug it in to their computer and get a clutch life reading? Or is there a window or something they physically look at like old Gallardo’s?

And...can the dealer run a relearn on the transmission? Mine seems to be operating differently now than when I first bought it. Has 17k miles on it. I noticed that sometimes from a stop, in auto/auto mode, right when I start to go it feels like it slips for a second then rams home causing a slight jerk.

It’s pretty slight but I’m pretty sensitive to behavior changes.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Mild slip for 1/2 shift if there's loss of grip but otherwise it'll bang hard all the gears if you're using launch control. See video. It's a 2.57 0-60 with 1-foot roll out.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well just in case anybody is interested. Turns out the dealer can no longer check clutch life via their diagnostic tool. They could on the Gen 1 cars but not on the Gen 2 cars. No way to check clutch life.
So that sucks...

My car feels like it’s slipping from 2nd into 3rd under hard acceleration in “performance” mode (which forces you to manually shift. ) it’s very mild but, you can hear the engine revs climb a hair before the clutch fully engages. Had the dealer look at, they had zero errors and couldn’t feel what I do.

They did tell me that if the clutch wears prematurely, they have noted my concerns and are pretty sure the factory will cover the replacement if need be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts