Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
no one is paying over sticker anymore, esp for a used 08. new 09s are avail on lots for MSRP
I agree..IMHO a used 08 is probably worth 120K... I would not pay more than that...due to economy 09s inventory will be more readily available unless Audi cuts allocations to US market to help sustain R8 values (BMW just made this move)..If the V10 is offered ,the values could be affected also.
The economy is severely impacting these markets.Point in fact,with little effort , one could buy a new F430 for MSRP .These cars are not investments that yield gains, only pure enjoyment.It is a buyer's market and will be for some time.;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah, a lot of LA area dealers are still dreamin', thinking that this car can still fetch a $30-40k premium. I'm sorry, but those days are long gone. It's similar to the US housing crisis; people don't believe the value of their homes are dropping, not lowering their prices, and therefore there's a glut of homes on the market with no buyers. Same with the car dealers regarding the R8, and that's why there's several sitting on dealer's showrooms now. The dealers need a reality check.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Look on autotrader and Cars.com. There are a couple at MSRP but most are still fetching a few bucks over sticker. The one at my dealership was dropped to $129k
Most of R8 on ebay and auto-trader are listing over msrp, but I seriously doubt they are getting it. I think they assume their target audience are not very bright ; >

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
With the access to dealers nationwide (via the internet) and forums that are sharing info (like this).there is simply no reason to EVER pay over MSRP.
While LA & Miami dealers were getting $25-75K over sticker for the 91 NSX , 05 Ford GT and 06 BMW M6..I bought all of these at MSRP as well as my 08 R8.
There will always be someone that places "being first on the block " as a top priority and is willing to pay to get there. It takes very little effort to "buy right"..I currently have a deposit in place for an R8 spyder..at MSRP...
The dealers know I am a buyer and typically make it very easy to get on board early on..

·
Registered
18 Posts
A brand new 2009 R8 priced below MSRP on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Audi-R8-Quattro-MT6-Audi-Exclusive-Color-Priced-below-MSRP_W0QQitemZ330289837167QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item330289837167&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A727|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1307

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Priced below MSRP because it's going to be pretty difficult selling a "Turd" for sticker! :cool:
That's probably what the prospective owner said when he/she went to pick it up! There is such a thing as having TOO much creative flexibility, for some.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I actually like it. I like people who get what they want, f em, it's their car. Nothing wrong with being unique, even if others dont like it. It's not for them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts