Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang - Just received the following from Audi Talk and I am interpreting this as "1 of 1" - My previous R8 was 1 of 26 out of 700'ish made. But this reads to me as 1 of 1. Just want to make sure this is accurate:

"Thank you for your patience while I was out of the office. The information with your vehicle VIN shows that your vehicle is the only vehicle with Camouflage Green metallic exterior and Vermont Brown interior. The vehicle would be 1 of 485 total 2017 Audi R8 V10 Coupe quattro S tronic's."
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Grille

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
1 of 1 with all spec I would assume. Non-carbon exterior, etc.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1 of 1 with all spec I would assume. Non-carbon exterior, etc.
Ok - Thats what I was thinking. Factoring side blade color, dry carbon interior, etc. When you factor in all the customization you can request, not hard to imagine there are a lot of "1 of 1"'s out there.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Ok - Thats what I was thinking. Factoring side blade color, dry carbon interior, etc. When you factor in all the customization you can request, not hard to imagine there are a lot of "1 of 1"'s out there.
mine is a one of one too when you consider its the only one in my driveway :)
but seriously tho, gorgeous color! post some interior pics too

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
mine is a one of one too when you consider its the only one in my driveway :)
but seriously tho, gorgeous color! post some interior pics too
Ha! Fair point and thank you! Interior is even more stunning in person IMO. The Gen2 has some very nice improvements in the comfort department (over the Gen1) but two of my favorites are the B&O headrest speakers and the air adjustable side and hip bolsters.

Car Vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover Motor vehicle
Vehicle Car Speedometer Gear shift Window
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Synthetic rubber
Automotive design Car Personal luxury car Motor vehicle Auto part

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think you can also get numbers on some of the individual elements. For example, you can find out how many cars had that color and then how many had that color and interior. For example, I was told that only about 1/4 of the cars in my car also had diamond stitching.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Ha! Fair point and thank you! Interior is even more stunning in person IMO. The Gen2 has some very nice improvements in the comfort department (over the Gen1) but two of my favorites are the Bose headrest speakers and the air adjustable side and hip bolsters.
stunning
i cant believe my 2008 bmw m3 had air adjustable side bolsters but a gen 1 r8 doesnt. sad

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
stunning
i cant believe my 2008 bmw m3 had air adjustable side bolsters but a gen 1 r8 doesnt. sad
LOL - I agree, they missed the boat on a few of the "comfort factors" in the Gen1.
It is nice to get into an R8 and not pray the Bovee Bluetooth Adapter works. The navigation display is also more than 8-bits which is fun. :)

·
Registered
646 Posts
LOL - I agree, they missed the boat on a few of the "comfort factors" in the Gen1.
It is nice to get into an R8 and not pray the Bovee Bluetooth Adapter works. The navigation display is also more than 8-bits which is fun. :)
or fall off the seat while making a right hand turn at a STOP sign cause the stock seats suck

·
Premium Member
4,924 Posts
I think it's 1/1 based on the colors (exterior over interior) alone - not factoring in any options. If you factored in options, most of these cars would be very unique.

When I spoke to Audi, they had mine as 1/7 - that was based only on color. If they went down to the granularity of all options, it would likely be 1/1.

Reactions: GR8NJR8

·
Registered
371 Posts
"1 of 1" is overblown due to the sheer number of combination options on these cars. When comp9 was still around, nearly every single firebird, camaro, gto etc was "1 of 1" due to manufacturing location or combination of installed options like ash trays.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Coming from previous Corvette cars you guy sound like them. It's 1 of "x" number in this color combo and feature set. 🤣

Guess what? No one cares. If this was a limited production Ferrari F40 or the like you may have some ground. It's a mass produced cheaper exotic. General public won't care while you own it and the buyer won't care when you sell it.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Coming from previous Corvette cars you guy sound like them. It's 1 of "x" number in this color combo and feature set. 🤣

Guess what? No one cares. If this was a limited production Ferrari F40 or the like you may have some ground. It's a mass produced cheaper exotic. General public won't care while you own it and the buyer won't care when you sell it.
Great stuff Nose. Spot on!

·
Registered
9 Posts
My R8 1st gen has inflatable side bolsters (both back swab and bottom) but there again it is probably because I have the factory option recaros?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts