Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
My 2010 v10 (29k miles) roof does not leak, nor has any wind noises. It is very solid and sealed even at 200mph.
I have checked the frame and with build date 06/2010 it is already reinforced at front shocks.
Good luck
Even at 200mph? Just how built and how many miles do you have to get tho this "200" mph? asking for a friend! :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
My 2011 Spyder 6MT does not leak, at all, nor is there any evidence of clutch slippage at 28,000 miles and a supercharger.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey man. Late reply here. I’ve got an 11 V10 Spyder manual and never had a roof leak issue( w occasional trips thru the touch free car washes). There’s supposedly a new performance Spyder at the port now w my name on it(no deposit) Might be looking to sell mine real soon

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hey man. Late reply here. I’ve got an 11 V10 Spyder manual and never had a roof leak issue( w occasional trips thru the touch free car washes). There’s supposedly a new performance Spyder at the port now w my name on it(no deposit) Might be looking to sell mine real soon
what color? Probably a few months too early for me still though unfortunately. I am looking at the march/april timeframe for purchase. Thanks for the info though. Glad to hear so many people are not having roof leaks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
201x v10 6MT Spyder is the perfect car. Do exhuast and VF tune if you wish. Actually, if it could fit 2 sets of golf clubs in would be God on wheels. Btw, I highly recommend Daytona Grey and brown or red interior too.

When I pull into the lot at my course I get a big smile on my face, for 100k I have a car that sounds like a Lambo, is beautiful like a F430 and faster than a mclaren. (maybe not that last one) 🙂

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have a 2011 R8 Spyder
1. Roof Leaks? No leaks, only occasional water drips under a high pressure washer around the window seals. It would, probably better if you replaced the rubber door seals for a tighter seal. After washing the car, you will noticed water on both passenger & driver windows when opening roof.

2. AC Fail? Had a fail of the heater diverter tap, replaced and reconditioned aircon no issues afterwards.

3. Frame cracks? No issues with mine, I've heard it was rectified after MY10 builds, plus spyder had a reinforced structure for rigidity of chasis.

4. Clutch wear? If you have access to a VCDS cable, you can check the wear index to determine the clutch life.

:: Roof Issue? Failed roof sensor & control unit and the roof was stuck in a half open/closed state had to get it towed to a dealer and repaired out of warranty. So if you've got the fidelity insurance, maybe confirm if they cover the roof mechanism.

Gains: Exhaust sound, open air driving and style.

Losses: Increased road noise, no back seat parcel shelf, no room for a subwoofer, No glass engine bay, maintenance harder to get to for mechanics, less aftermarket parts compared to coupe, heavier and slower than coupe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
201x v10 6MT Spyder is the perfect car. Do exhuast and VF tune if you wish. Actually, if it could fit 2 sets of golf clubs in would be God on wheels. Btw, I highly recommend Daytona Grey and brown or red interior too.

When I pull into the lot at my course I get a big smile on my face, for 100k I have a car that sounds like a Lambo, is beautiful like a F430 and faster than a mclaren. (maybe not that last one) 🙂
I have a 2011 R8 Spyder
1. Roof Leaks? No leaks, only occasional water drips under a high pressure washer around the window seals. It would, probably better if you replaced the rubber door seals for a tighter seal. After washing the car, you will noticed water on both passenger & driver windows when opening roof.

2. AC Fail? Had a fail of the heater diverter tap, replaced and reconditioned aircon no issues afterwards.

3. Frame cracks? No issues with mine, I've heard it was rectified after MY10 builds, plus spyder had a reinforced structure for rigidity of chasis.

4. Clutch wear? If you have access to a VCDS cable, you can check the wear index to determine the clutch life.

:: Roof Issue? Failed roof sensor & control unit and the roof was stuck in a half open/closed state had to get it towed to a dealer and repaired out of warranty. So if you've got the fidelity insurance, maybe confirm if they cover the roof mechanism.

Gains: Exhaust sound, open air driving and style.

Losses: Increased road noise, no back seat parcel shelf, no room for a subwoofer, No glass engine bay, maintenance harder to get to for mechanics, less aftermarket parts compared to coupe, heavier and slower than coupe.
Excellent info. Thank you! I having watching prices and cant wait to pull the trigger in the spring!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts