Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening!

I am new here and will be migrating from the BMW group (partially) and the new weekend car will most likely be a R8. I have been exploring mainly the V8s because of how beautiful they sound and a gen 2 v10 is something I’d like to upgrade to one day so I don’t want to spoil the v10. That being said I can’t stay away from forced induction and I need some turbos or a super charger. So my v8 r8 needs to have a supercharger probably over some turbos. I do not forsee myself purchasing a whole sc kit and installing it just to sell it one day and loose some money. I’ve seen a fair amount of 08-10 sc V8s in the for sale board. Now as tempting as those are I just love the 14-15 facelifts with the s-tronic . I can’t stop looking for the newest ones listed and such. Now I have not seen any face lifted V8s that have been supercharged. Just curious to anyone in here who has it already done it and been driving it? And would you possibly consider selling it in the near future? Trying to gauge price for a fairly driven 14-15 v8 sc. Any ideas? $100k? I feel like it will be a long wait for a 14-15 sc v8 to appear for sale on the board! Thanks for any input. Looking forward to venturing into the Audi world!

·
Registered
2014 Audi R8 V10, ESS Supercharged
46 Posts
I looked for an ESS blown 14/15 V10 for about 1.5 years. They come up from time to time. I just bought mine a few weeks ago and I LOVE it! It is very quick, and I'm saying that coming from my last car which was a 788 rwhp TT mustang. The R8 is hilarious. You should be able to get one for around a 100ish, provided you're patient and don't want a manual.

I highly recommend it.

Paul.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh man thanks for the response! Gorgeous! I’m coming from a big single turbo 600whp bmw that’s manual. Just want something I can throw in auto and cruise in comfort and downshift real quick and go. I think I’ll be fine without a manual! If you don’t mind me asking what did you pick yours up for?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts