Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going Wed. for my 1st check up on the R8, is there anything I need to know, look for, or ask the dealer while I am there?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Have them do the normal oil/fltr change and ask about all of the software updates. They will also most likely change out the fuel filler cap lanyard assembly. (a TSB issue) Had ours done about a montha go. Quick and painless and no charge! be sure to get the work order as proof of the work and for your files.

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Have them do the normal oil/fltr change and ask about all of the software updates. They will also most likely change out the fuel filler cap lanyard assembly. (a TSB issue) Had ours done about a montha go. Quick and painless and no charge! be sure to get the work order as proof of the work and for your files.
Were there any software updates and how long did the first service take?

·
Registered
6 Posts
On my 1st check up i got several (3 I think) software updates.

i am not sure if I am just making this up, but it sure feels like the throttle mapping is different. i notice it the most at slow speeds in second gear the throttle response is not very smooth.

Anyone else experience this?

It took them a day and they gave me a nice a3 as loan. Other folks getting loaners? When I take my s4 in they do not give me a loaner...

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts

i am not sure if I am just making this up, but it sure feels like the throttle mapping is different. i notice it the most at slow speeds in second gear the throttle response is not very smooth.

It took them a day and they gave me a nice a3 as loan. Other folks getting loaners? When I take my s4 in they do not give me a loaner...
Just to clarify, the software updates are for R-Tronic cars, right?

·
Premium Member
357 Posts

Yes, my dealer gives a free loaner. I wonder how much actual time was spent on the car

·
Registered
111 Posts
Mine took about a full day of actual work, but I left it for a week, due to a business trip. I think they installed 3-4 software updates. Mine is a 6-spd MT. I really have not seen or felt anything different in the operation since the service.

·
Registered
761 Posts
It took them a day and they gave me a nice a3 as loan. Other folks getting loaners?
I was given a Q7 for 1 full day at the 1st maintenance (in MA) and a A5 for 1/2 day at the 2nd visit (not maintenance - in Montreal).

maintenance 1 included: tire rotation, oil change, software update, other things were done (can't remember)

visit 2 included: replaced left wiper blade due to noise and check brakes also due to noise

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
I was given a Q7 for 1 full day at the 1st maintenance (in MA) and a A5 for 1/2 day at the 2nd visit (not maintenance - in Montreal).

maintenance 1 included: tire rotation, oil change, software update, other things were done (can't remember)

visit 2 included: replaced left wiper blade due to noise and check brakes also due to noise
HovyR8: Tire rotation? How do they do that? The fronts and rears are different sizes and I understood that swapping radial tires from side to side is a no-no (or am I mistaken?). In any case, since the stock tires have a direction of rotation (the Pirelli's), swapping the wheels from side to side would have them going the wrong way n'est ce pas?

·
Registered
761 Posts
HovyR8: Tire rotation? How do they do that? The fronts and rears are different sizes and I understood that swapping radial tires from side to side is a no-no (or am I mistaken?). In any case, since the stock tires have a direction of rotation (the Pirelli's), swapping the wheels from side to side would have them going the wrong way n'est ce pas?
Excellent point. I guess I should have been more alert when I was told "tires were rotated". Same for "windshield washer fluid was added" when I had just added almost a gallon the day before.

This was done at Audi of Westwood. Tire rotation and washer fluid were not listed on the maintenance sheet. :confused:

·
Premium Member
888 Posts
Excellent point. I guess I should have been more alert when I was told "tires were rotated". Same for "windshield washer fluid was added" when I had just added almost a gallon the day before.

This was done at Audi of Westwood. Tire rotation and washer fluid were not listed on the maintenance sheet. :confused:
Phew ... had me worried for a minute.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts

Service Tech to Owner: "Yessir! We put it up on the rack and checked each tire! They all rotated just fine.":rolleyes:;);)

·
Registered
417 Posts
First service completed today, including a software update for the R tronic that really smooths out lower speed automatic shifts from 1-2 and 2-3. Higher shifts (3-4, 4-5, 5-6) are essentially imperceptable now.

I almost always drive in manual, but the new programming will make driving in automatic easier when I'm stuck in stop-and-go traffic.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Did you get the service code for that??:) Now I am pissed a bit.Just spoke with McKenna Audi service the other day and they only mentioned some optional insignificant fixes.(TO ME). He said it only affected the engine fuel management. RVU24F3. Seems everytime they open their face hole, STUPID oozes out !!

·
Registered
417 Posts
From the invoice, it looks like 24F3 Recall, listed as "Driveability Recall" -- same as you note.

Unless I'm losing my mind, the early shifts are much better than before.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Sure wish we had some Dyno charts on this. BUT your seat of the pants dyno , I'll trust, because if the engine is running stronger it woud change your shifting style too.J.M.O. I still will wait on this one. Do you have mods/upgrades ? Funny is the fellow who stated that modifying the R8 was silly. Looks like AUDI is just plain silly !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tell me an update/computer flash is NOT an update . :) :) :) :) :) :) :) C.O. emissions before and after would be of interest too. Although the engine after flash might be richer/leaner at high and low revs. and visa/versa

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have around 4000km driven V10, not tracked etc, around 20 launch control starts, no high speeds. In the last 400km car has once gone to neutral immediately when I have stopped at traffic lights and once after standing around 20 seconds on lights.

My dealership isnt that close so I cant easily get my baby checked - should I get worried?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
This is exactly what the R-tronic is supposed to do. Shift into neutral, especially if you take your foot off the brake pedal. Keep your foot on the brake while stopped and it will never go into neutral. Screw:eek: the dealership. We will give you instant gratification here at the forum!! :eek: :eek::D :D:) :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts