Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for sale today is a set of like new OEM R8 Black Housing Tail lights. I replaced my red housing one with these and loved them, until I could find a set of face lift tail lights, which I now have.

These are in incredible condition as shown, with no flaws. Not removed from a car in an accident, all tabs intact, lens looks great. These are true US Spec R8 Black Housing tail lights, plug and play and go. They are the Audi Part number 420945095G - Black lens.

$1500 shipped to lower 48.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Sorry but those do not look to be GT tailights. They look exactly like the taillights on my plain vanilla 2010 R8 V10:

·
Registered
160 Posts
What you are selling IS NOT a GT taillight.

This is how a GT taillight looks like - it has clear glass and only the LED element insight is red::

·
Premium Member
2,077 Posts
I believe GT was only sold model year 2012.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So it’s $1230 from the dealer, and you’re asking for $1500? What am I missing here?
Uhhh that they are $1230 a side? And Im selling a pair? Lmao.

Yes, they are listed as fitting a 2012 GT. Standard V10 tails have red housing. These have black.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I hate to break it to you OP, but these other members are correct.

The easiest way to tell the GT tails apart from the black housing tails is the chrome ring around the center portion of the lights. I've attached and circled both yours versus a closeup of GT tail lights. The black housings you have are close, but they are not the GT tail lights. It's hard to explain in words the little details that make the GT lights different, but you know them when you see them. The GT tails lights have a very clear dark gunmetal-like housing that matches the rear bumper section, as well as the chrome ring around the center lights. Also notice the black "Q" frame around the center lights, as opposed to your red "Q" frames.

I could have sworn that the black tail light housings (which you have listed) along with the black rear bumper trim and exhaust tips were the distinguishing features of the V10 from the V8. But it has been 10 years since I ordered my V8, so I don't remember for certain at this point.

Not trying to add fuel to your listing, but I believe you are misinformed.

Attachments

·
Registered
245 Posts
I was caught like that with some other parts - all that image tells you is that they fit on a GT not unfortunately that they were standard on a GT.:cautious:

In the UK anyway the GT came with a clear rear lens not a red lens like the ones you have for sale.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Looks like I was wrong! The ad has been updated =)
These things happen - still a good deal & lights look great. Unfortunately the import tax & vat would kill the deal for me😩

1 - 20 of 23 Posts