Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chaps

Im new to the Forum from the UK, having just bought an Ibis White 2008 V8, and loving every minute!

I have had the car a week and got an issue with the AC not staying on, light comes on then turns straight off again. Im wanting to investigate what the issue could be, so dug out an old laptop with VCDS bought for a previous car. Ive updated it to the "Version 1.2" (this is still 7 years old I think) but am having issues connecting to the car. I have sorted the COM Port issue so it knows Im on the correct COM port, but then won't connect to the car. The R8 isn't listed in applications either.

Can any of you clever folks out there give me any pointers. Will the 'Shareware' version of VCDS work on our cars, do I need a more up to date version, or are there any top tips to connect to the car?

Thanks for your help.

Chris

·
Registered
52 Posts
Do you know which revision of cable you have (the actual hardware - reference table here - https://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/old-interfaces/discontinued_interfaces.php)

It could well be that your cable is pre-CANBUS-compatible.

Was the previous vehicle pre-2006, for example?

TBH, though, the aircon may just need recharging (and not sure if that would actually show on VCDS - someone more knowledgeable may put that straight)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts