Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone tried the new GPS 2009-2010 Navteq USA map DVD. I was wondering what the new CD has to offer, other than more updated POI's

·
Premium Member
533 Posts
Our cars should not use the CDs, pretty sure it is the DVD version. The new disks have revised maps and POIs. Some people live in areas that have had some important updates, others not so much. They are always updating things, but it sometimes takes a few versions before a change makes it into their maps. If you know of errors or things that have changed, it is good to go to their site and notify them of the needed change.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Our cars should not use the CDs, pretty sure it is the DVD version. The new disks have revised maps and POIs. Some people live in areas that have had some important updates, others not so much. They are always updating things, but it sometimes takes a few versions before a change makes it into their maps. If you know of errors or things that have changed, it is good to go to their site and notify them of the needed change.
I believe that is correct

If you go to Navteq's site and put in make, model, year of car, they tell you exactly what the newest correct version is for your car and how many POI's etc on it; if you have your previous dvd cover, it says how many on there so you can compare; it you travel & use poi's a lot, upgrade is probably worth it

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry,yes DVD it is, what can I tell you I am getting old and the mind is the 2D thing to go

1 - 4 of 4 Posts