Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how the 2009 R-tronic compare the new E-gear in the LP560. I was told the Lp560 is very smooth.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Last time I tried the R8 V8 in auto , smooth as silk. Almost hydraulic feeling. It just goes through the gears into 6th gear (seamlessly, is this the right word?) WAAAY too soon for my commutes. NEVER try auto and sport settings together. IMO .How about comparison of R8 V10 R-tronic Vs. LP670 , all wheel drive , midengine Lambo with paddle shifters. The front wheel drive robs a few ponies , I'm guessing....Thus...NEED MORE POWER !!!! How many horsepower is enough?? Once we (I) get used to a little more power ,we (I) am ready for more. :)

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Last time I tried the R8 V8 in auto , smooth as silk. Almost hydraulic feeling. It just goes through the gears into 6th gear (seamlessly, is this the right word?) WAAAY too soon for my commutes. NEVER try auto and sport settings together. IMO .How about comparison of R8 V10 R-tronic Vs. LP670 , all wheel drive , midengine Lambo with paddle shifters. The front wheel drive robs a few ponies , I'm guessing....Thus...NEED MORE POWER !!!! How many horsepower is enough?? Once we (I) get used to a little more power ,we (I) am ready for more. :)
Only a 560....

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/cargrouptests/234132/audi_r8_v_lamborghini_gallardo_lp5604.html

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
the 560 might not be all wheel drive...the 670 IS.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts