Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Toronto dealer just called to advise that Audi Canada has informed them that '09 V8 production has finished and my lucky order placed 8 Jan for May delivery was last in and first cancelled! It gets better...they placed an incorrect order in Sept before I signed off on the specs and that car has arrived. My gut says hang in for the first 2010 V8 allocation for Sept 09 delivery and get it specced the way I want. A test of patience and a hefty stale deposit sitting from June 08!

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
DavidP,
What color and options do you want? Maplewood Audi has one new R8 for sale. Call Justin 651-494-1471. You will NOT get anything off MSRP from this dealer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was dealing with Pfaff Audi in Vaughn and have seen a few on autotrader at other local dealers. Is Richard a broker? A bit more awkward dealing long distance from Windsor (across from Detroit; the V10 at the autoshow was gorgeous). Ice Silver, limestone leather alcantara, manual, B&O, carbon side blade, premium pkg.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was dealing with Pfaff Audi in Vaughn and have seen a few on autotrader at other local dealers. Is Richard a broker? A bit more awkward dealing long distance from Windsor (across from Detroit; the V10 at the autoshow was gorgeous). Ice Silver, limestone leather alcantara, manual, B&O, carbon side blade, premium pkg.
" "audi told me no discount on the car they had in showroom, richard made the deal happen on the same car thru downtown audi for 10k off MSRP.
call him. there are a ton of 2009 that arent in the trader and dealers are being secretive. if you dont have a connection they are being very difficult but there are lots of cars around unsold and more coming
i went to 4 dealers who ignored me and or refused to deal. contact richard if you want an 09 now

·
Registered
76 Posts
How does a dealer ignore someone asking about a R8??

I can certainly understand them not wanting to take less than retail, do you fault them for that??

While they may be at dealers, based upon what davidp is saying, they will not be able to get more other than orders they have already placed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
How does a dealer ignore someone asking about a R8??

I can certainly understand them not wanting to take less than retail, do you fault them for that??

While they may be at dealers, based upon what davidp is saying, they will not be able to get more other than orders they have already placed.
4 dealers refused to negotiate....2 didnt even return my calls. then i got help from richard at motion endeavours. there are lots of these cars coming into ontario unsold. many people are walking away from their deposits. one dealer had a car they had ordered for a customer and he walked, they kept his 10 grand deposit and wouldnt even take that off the price for me. they will be selling very few R8's in this climate with that attitude

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
one dealer had a car they had ordered for a customer and he walked, they kept his 10 grand deposit and wouldnt even take that off the price for me. they will be selling very few R8's in this climate with that attitude
This is BS - one call to AOA and the next call you get will be from the dealer regarding your check that's ready to be picked up.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Every dealer I contacted (all across the US) talked to me, took my info, returned my calls and was willing to deal. They all quote MSRP, but when you advance toward an actual purchase they start talking about Dealer Premiums as you would expect. Once you work the deal for a bit you can get it down below MSRP, but, like anything else that costs $140K, it takes some time and negotiating. I never experienced a negative sales person, only salespeople who were overly optimistic or undereducated about the R8. BTW: Lots of cars out there, just start calling the dealer network and they will dive all over your money.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My UK Dealer told me yesterday that the V8 I had on order since Sept 08 would not be delivered this year, in fact he called the Audi R8 Team while I was there to check V8 delivery and he was told that they could not quote a delivery date at any time in the future for a V8.

So my decision of V8 or V10 has been made for me!

The Sales guy is great, very helpful, and is trying to secure me an early 2010 V10.

Malc(R8)

Porsche Cayman S
Smart FourTwo

·
Registered
16 Posts
I’ve heard the same, No more V8 to be produced only V10, existing 09 v8 orders are not to be honoured!!! I wonder how this will effect the used V8 prices?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I’ve heard the same, No more V8 to be produced only V10, existing 09 v8 orders are not to be honoured!!! I wonder how this will effect the used V8 prices?
i would be surprised if they did that. the V10 is priced at $ 186,000 US for a base apparently? they wont sell many of those. i heard the V8 production is shut down to set up for V10 and then they will resume building both. unless of course because porsche owns audi they want to kill the V8 ??

·
Registered
108 Posts
So the V8 is now a limited production run and perhaps therefore an instant classic :)

A nice thought but I suppose the reality is that V8 residuals will be hit even harder now :(

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
I was told by my dealer that AOA said they sold 200 2008 R8s and 900 2009 R8's into the USA. I did not get any information on the number of 2007 R8s that were sold into the USA. I was told most of the units were sold on the East and West coast. Does 1100 cars shipped into the USA over two years make the R8 common?

Yesterday my dealer told me they are selling every R8 they get immediately. They did say sometimes it is taking up to three weeks for customers to get the money transferred to pay for the car so they sit in the dealership showrooms and people think they are not selling.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I was told by my dealer that AOA said they sold 200 2008 R8s and 900 2009 R8's into the USA. I did not get any information on the number of 2007 R8s that were sold into the USA. I was told most of the units were sold on the East and West coast. Does 1100 cars shipped into the USA over two years make the R8 common?

Yesterday my dealer told me they are selling every R8 they get immediately. They did say sometimes it is taking up to three weeks for customers to get the money transferred to pay for the car so they sit in the dealership showrooms and people think they are not selling.
i find that hard to believe. look on ebay and check out the palm springs audi dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
Sonnythebull,
I checked out the Palm Springs Audi dealer's new and pre-owned inventory. They did not show any R8's on their website.

I noticed you paid $10K off of MSRP for your R8 in Canada. I should have had you negotiate the price on mine.

I live in MN. One person owns both authorized dealers in the Minneapolis area. They are not discounting R8's. They told me their entire allocation is sold. Since you find this hard to believe please assist me in understanding why they would tell me false information. Generally people that can afford an R8 know others that can afford an R8. I would think telling R8 owners of cars that are available for sale would be in their best interest. Maybe I am wrong.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dealers in my area of Florida have one unsold R8 each. These were ordered cars whose buyers failed to go through with the purchase due to the economy. Both dealers are offering the cars at $10k over MSRP and seem intent on getting a premium although only time will tell.

I have no idea what is going on with v8 production for 2009 or beyond but I disagree with the notion that a decrease or stoppage in production would do anything but preserve market values for the v8. Although I am convinced that the US price for the v10 will be less than the $186,000 base price in Europe, it will still be significantly more than the v8 and will be a very low volume car.

I for one am glad I have a 2009 v8 and would love to learn that it is the last of the v8s although I find that hard to believe.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts