Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I agree the market is being affected by the current COVID-19 issue. But the car is too nice to consider selling for under 100K. It's definitely a NOT HAVE TO situation. Probably going to hold on to it and get back to enjoying it when my renovation project is completed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah, unless you really need the money for another car or to pour into another asset, your best bet is to keep it. Might depreciate slightly but considering we're going into a recession, you won't get top dollar at this time.

·
Registered
216 Posts
May have a buyer for you.
Please send me pm on how he can reach you or link to your cars.com ad.
thanks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

·
Registered
19 Posts
You said your from the Charlotte area . You could always put it on consignment at Mclaren Charlotte or foreign cars Italia . Maybe they can push it

·
Registered
33 Posts
I agree with you if it's an auto, but now we're comparing apples w/ oranges. A manual V10 like this is worth more any non limited edition auto though IMO
Not sure I agree with you on on that. There's still a big demand for Gen1 V10 Plus because of their relative limited production, higher HP, and standard carbon ceramic brakes. Its not as rare as a GT model, but I'd say the Plus with either gearbox is highly coveted as well if . This is coming from someone who will only drive a gated manual R8! 😁

·
Registered
361 Posts
I don't disagree with one thing you said, but I was merely pointing out that comparing the two as justification for pricing a manual lower, to the levels you've seen auto plus models go for, just didn't make too much sense to me. But again, you're spot on with all you've said regarding the V10 Plus auto.

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Actually if you DON'T count the 6MT pluses (which you shouldn't) there are a couple (literally) more GTs than pluses in the U.S. 90 GT coupes and 75 GT Spyders (all R-tronics) came here in MY2012. In both MY2014 and 2015, there came just 163 pluses with the S-tronic box. During the same period, just 26 Coupes and 1 (yup one) Spyder came here with the 6MT. I'm pretty sure that a similar distribution but less is found around the world. btw, for MY2015 there are also 60 Competitions (a much more comparable but NOT really car to the GT) here in the US too...

So IF you're a gated person, then your field of view IS pretty rare with the highest power and content R8 in that vein - 27 in the US, none in Canada, less than 7 in the UK (I think) and about another dozen or so for the rest of the EU; and the 1 Spyder (it was called a Carbon) may be the ONLY 6MT plus Spyder in the world.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Great stats...always love to hear how rare the V10 plus manuals are, but never knew the worldwide estimates.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts