Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As topic says, will it fit without any modifications? What would be the difference?

I will bring my car back home in a year when I move and will need an original exhaust for the inspection. I stumbled across a guy selling a system from a 2010 V10. He says it fits 2009-2012. Anyone knows if I should keep looking or will I be able to use it?

·
Registered
2010 R8 V-10 R-tronic
260 Posts
The exhaust hangers are different. It could probably be modified but it’s not a direct fit.

·
Registered
2010 R8 V-10 R-tronic
260 Posts
Indirectly, yes. The rear frame was reworked to accommodate the wider Stronic transmission.

Reactions: Råttan

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
You will also need to swop the tailpipes as the early cars have oval ones.

·
Registered
2010 R8 V-10 R-tronic
260 Posts
The bumpers have oval exhaust pass-throughs that aren’t connected to the exhaust pipes. I think the twin exhaust pipes that direct toward the tips in the bumper are pretty much the same.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
I'm sure you are probably right - just wanted to bring it to the OP's attention.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
The bumpers have oval exhaust pass-throughs that aren’t connected to the exhaust pipes. I think the twin exhaust pipes that direct toward the tips in the bumper are pretty much the same.
While not connected to the tips, the alignment of the tailpipes could be a problem depending upon the design.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
While not connected to the tips, the alignment of the tailpipes could be a problem depending upon the design.

Hmm this got me thinking.. One of the pics you posted in that attached thread looks exactly as my exhaust, when you look from the round exhaust tip. So this might be a OEM sport exhaust? I highly doubt it would be quiet enough for inspection but if it is OEM it must be legal right?

I will try to take a picture of it. Only thing I've seen looks aftermarket is exhaust heat wrap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts