Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my local dealers emailed yesterday regarding the new V10's. Some of his are due in the US port of entry on 7/6, then to his store some days later.

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
It would be much more helpful information if we knew your location (preferably set in your UserCP). Sadly, I have still not heard a peep from my dealer since April.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No location data until I see if I want one of the unclaimed V10's. If I pass, everyone else can have dibs! Sorry, but all's fair in love, war and cars!
Happy Motoring

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
Heh, I don't care which city. A state would be nice. Just trying to guage when I will be getting my call. It seems that all the early calls are going to coastal states.

On the bright side, if US cars will be arriving next week I can hope they will have them at the Audi Sportscar Experience in Sonoma when I am there on the 10th. My guess is we won't see any in dealerships til August though.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Steve, if you get yours before July 28th, would you mind giving me a ride in it? I'm in Michigan, and while I do have one ordered, I'll probably be passing on it for a while because I'm leaving the country for a while. However, I'd really like to feel the difference.

Also, you don't happen to drive a silver one, do you?

I was driving by the dealer the other day, when I glanced in my mirror only to see a silver one behind me. I was in the black R8, not the Viper that was following me for miles ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
No location data until I see if I want one of the unclaimed V10's. If I pass, everyone else can have dibs! Sorry, but all's fair in love, war and cars!
Happy Motoring
I just love guys like this.

Steve, it looks to me like StuM is in Houston Tx.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Isn't StuM Shelbygirls' D.H.? Feeling a little like the Pink Panther. :)

·
Premium Member
992 Posts
Steve, if you get yours before July 28th, would you mind giving me a ride in it? I'm in Michigan, and while I do have one ordered, I'll probably be passing on it for a while because I'm leaving the country for a while. However, I'd really like to feel the difference.

Also, you don't happen to drive a silver one, do you?

I was driving by the dealer the other day, when I glanced in my mirror only to see a silver one behind me. I was in the black R8, not the Viper that was following me for miles ;)
Still driving an S4 now, so that was not me.

If I get it in July you are welcome to check it out, but I think there is no chance of that. I don't even have a build date yet. Surely cars will get to the Detroit area before the rest of smaller dealerships in the state. I suspect the Michigan cars will be arriving in the winter, when we get to try to sort out how to get it home without coating it in salt.

·
Registered
943 Posts
At least one V10 in the states. Not sure what the plate was, but I'm in Michigan.

Just saw a bright blue V10 with grey blades on Square Lake/75. I was stuck in traffic on the other side of the median as he went by. I tried to turn around as quick as possible and gunned it down Square Lake, but wasn't sure which way he went.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My Florida dealer offered me a Fall V10, from an early extra allocation, already speck'ed... I declined as the 1st run will NOT have the IPod and new MMI interface, you might not see that improvement until early '10 production cars...
that's a feature I have on my S8, and really miss on my '09 RB.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
1st run will NOT have the IPod and new MMI interface, you might not see that improvement until early '10 production cars...
The 2010 order guide for v10's lists the new music interface sound system as an option with no comment regarding production date

The 2010 v8 order guide lists it and says, "not available before August production."

Seems strange because, if I rcall correctly, someone who visited the R8 production facility said there were both v8's and v10's mixed in the sequence on the "line," which is usually the case now with "CAM", where the computer keeps track of exactly what each car coming along needs to have put on and insures that the needed part is there when the particular car reaches the point where it will be installed.

So, you'd think, if they've got the music interface systems to install, they could put them in any car. Maybe a design mod was needed to fit this particular thing and the v10, being a partial re-design in a number of area, had this mod incorporated along with other structureal changes fro the beginning of v10 prod.

·
Registered
772 Posts
you'd think they' put it in as standard to simplify production and more importantly keep the customers happy and prevent them from deferring their orders or worse still going elsewhere!

·
Premium Member
579 Posts
My Florida dealer offered me a Fall V10, from an early extra allocation, already speck'ed... I declined as the 1st run will NOT have the IPod and new MMI interface, you might not see that improvement until early '10 production cars...
I'm getting many conflicting answers to my question about the new MMI. My dealer, and another I spoke with in a different state said that the V10 I have ordered (for a 9/7/09 delivery) WILL have the Gen 3 MMI.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is correct!

Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts