Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got a mint condition gated v10 jewel for sale!
I have own the car now for 4 years and enjoyed every bit of owning it. It is sadly time to let it go.

150k$ usd
Lava gray outside, looks black
on red interrior with black roof
Optional factory rotor wheels for Canadian cars
Fully optioned, no carbon inside moldings
13xxx milles
clean carfax
2nd owner

All maintenance are up to date at local audi dealer. Never winter driven, keept in wear house during winter months.
Tires are probabely the next big ticket item who will need to be changed, a bitess than 50% wear but over 5yr old.
Regular oil change every summer
Sparkplugs done at the end of last summer
All filters this summer
Ppf replace this summer, dirt collecting under edges was driving me nuts
One of the wheel has a 1inch curb rash

Important notice for full disclosure
The car was originally sold in canada and is currently in kilometers. On the 4th of jully I got killed on bring a trailer, worst weekend to sell a car at auction, no action and with the stupidest questions about importing the car. The import process is extremely simple 2.5%$ import charge, no modification requiered and all US stickers, emission and Safety are the same. I also got a cluster in milles witch I can swap or just give the buyer if the buyer prefers to have a US spec cluster. I can even take care of import and shipping now that this is out of the way, we can discuss the details.

The best car I have ever own, there is just no good time to drive it in canada, the summers are just so short and I have been driingr my rs6 daily.

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Car Vehicle Gear shift Motor vehicle Steering part
Wheel Car Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
4,568 Posts
this has got to be the laziest $150,000 ad i've seen in a while. beautfil car, put some effort into it mate
Harsh but true.

·
Registered
136 Posts
He also just joined and the only other posts he has are commenting on other for sale ads to tell people he has his for sale basically.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lol, you guys are probabely right! I made it a bit better. I can take criticism when it's due

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
He also just joined and the only other posts he has are commenting on other for sale ads to tell people he has his for sale basically.
Cant sell a car if I just joined? The guy was mentioning how he was looking for a gated v10 seems fare play no? I would prefer to sell it here to an enthusiastic fan of r8 then to give it in trade at a dealer.

·
Registered
2010 R8 V-10 R-tronic
181 Posts
I purchased my R8 from Toronto. It’s a bit more involved importing a car to the US, especially if the boarder is closed and you can’t drive it across. The Canadian owner had to get a letter of compliance from Audi North America on my behalf, even though I was the one importing, due to Audi being clueless. That took 4 weeks and numerous phone calls because Audi doesn’t have a good process for this.

Since the boarder was closed and it was being transported, I had to get a 1-year import/customs bond covering the value of the car (which is ironically cheaper than a 1-time import bond that is deemed “higher risk” and therefore at 2x the cost of the car.) I also had to pay a customs broker to file all of the paperwork at the correct port of entry being used by the transport company. They helped filling out the 2-3 import forms but I caught a few things they got wrong (vehicle weight not in kg, engine displacement not in cc, vehicle class wrong). All of this bond/broker mess could have been avoided had I driven it across the boarder and dealt with customs in person, but it was closed so I couldn’t.

There’s also the hidden currency conversion fee that many banks add for international fund transfers (exchange rate + 0.x%.) Also, doing international transfers is a pain because you have to go to the branch and they don’t do them enough to really know.

Plus there’s the 2.5% import fee, which can’t be avoided. I had to pre-pay that to the broker. I had to wait 6 weeks for US Customs and Boarder patrol to send me the certificate of import before I could register, but registration was easy.

I spent hours of time getting everything arranged. But I got an unbelievable deal on the car, which far more than offset the import costs and hassle.

The rule of the deal has to be: car, title, cash - each party can have no more than 2 at any point in time.

Hopefully this helps the seller and anyone in the US considering importing a car from Canada.

Good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I purchased my R8 from Toronto. It’s a bit more involved importing a car to the US, especially if the boarder is closed and you can’t drive it across. The Canadian owner had to get a letter of compliance from Audi North America on my behalf, even though I was the one importing, due to Audi being clueless. That took 4 weeks and numerous phone calls because Audi doesn’t have a good process for this.

Since the boarder was closed and it was being transported, I had to get a 1-year import/customs bond covering the value of the car (which is ironically cheaper than a 1-time import bond, that is deemed “higher risk” and therefore at 2x the cost of the car.) I also had to pay a customs broker to file all of the paperwork at the correct port of entry being used by the transport company. They helped filling out the 2-3 import forms but I caught a few things they got wrong (vehicle weight not in kg, engine displacement not in cc, vehicle class wrong). All of this bond/broker mess could have been avoided had I driven it across the boarder, but it was closed so I couldn’t.

There’s also the hidden currency conversion fee that many banks add for international funds transfers (exchange rate + 0.x%.) Also, doing international transfers is a pain because you have to go to the branch and they don’t know what they are doing.

Plus there’s the 2.5% import fee, which can’t be avoided. I had to pre-pay that to the broker. And I spent hours of time getting everything arranged. But I got an unbelievable deal on the car, which far more than offset the import costs and hassle.

Hopefully this helps the seller and anyone in the US considering importing a car from Canada.

Good luck with the

Since the boarder was closed and it was being transported, I had to get a 1-year import/customs bond covering the value of the car (which is ironically cheaper than a 1-time import bond, that is deemed “higher risk” and therefore at 2x the cost of the car.) I also had to pay a customs broker to file all of the paperwork at the correct port of entry being used by the transport company. They helped filling out the 2-3 import forms but I caught a few things they got wrong (vehicle weight not in kg, engine displacement not in cc, vehicle class wrong). All of this bond/broker mess could have been avoided had I driven it across the boarder, but it was closed so I couldn’t.

There’s also the hidden currency conversion fee that many banks add for international funds transfers (exchange rate + 0.x%.) Also, doing international transfers is a pain because you have to go to the branch and they don’t know what they are doing.

Plus there’s the 2.5% import fee, which can’t be avoided. I had to pre-pay that to the broker. And I spent hours of time getting everything arranged. But I got an unbelievable deal on the car, which far more than offset the import costs and hassle.

Good luck with the sale!
Congrat on the purchase got pictures? My company sends pickup trucks across regularly to be sold at auction we have a broker who take care of everything it seems a lot simpler if I just take care of exporting it and sell it with US titles, I would gladly take care of that for the buyer.

·
Registered
2010 R8 V-10 R-tronic
181 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. Got pictures? My company sends pickup trucks across regularly to be sold at auction we have a broker who take care of everything it seems a lot simpler if I just take care of exporting it and sell it with US titles, I would gladly take care of that for the buyer.
Yes, it would definitely be easier for the buyer if you took care of the boarder crossing process. Doing it one time as an individual is not an ideal process. Out of curiosity, which broker do you use?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Cant sell a car if I just joined? The guy was mentioning how he was looking for a gated v10 seems fare play no? I would prefer to sell it here to an enthusiastic fan of r8 then to give it in trade at a dealer.
you have to understand, we get so much spam/scam posts on this forum sadly so folks just tend to be suspicious of new accounts. all good now tho since the ad is expanded with better details

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, it would definitely be easier for the buyer if you took care of the boarder crossing process. Doing it one time as an individual is not an ideal process. Out of curiosity, which broker do you use?
The broker we use is ricden export/ richard fournier 450-248-3611, probabely not the cheapest but never had any kind of issue what so ever, they have a dealer in the US they use for all sort formalities anyway its a one stop shop for import and export.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have a deposit from a guy who has been ghosting me for the last 3 weeks... I would say it's still available, he was supposed to contact my broker for the import process and never did.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts