Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m picking up my R8 V10 manual in a week or so and I am as excited as a kid on Christmas morning. I am planning everything I’m doing for it now, since the car is entirely stock (and has only 6,100 miles!!!) I just ordered the capristo exhaust, gloss black badges, PPF is being done this week, and I also ordered RWD conversion kit since I did that to my gallardo and it totally transformed the car for the better.

I have read a few varying opinion on the RWD conversion, but wanted to see if anyone did this to a 2011 V10 manual before? Do you have to change the suspension? What size tires do you run?

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I haven't, but am also considering it.

·
Premium Member
605 Posts
I went RWD with added power. Not FI, but much more than stock and current RWD models. The car is more alive, less predictable. That’s good and bad. I don’t have enough seat time on fun roads to say if the steering is improved or not. I also have the carbon front bar in lieu of stock or Balboni replacements.

·
Registered
Brilliant Red V10 Manual
295 Posts
Reactions: NYG

·
Registered
Brilliant Red V10 Manual
295 Posts
I’m picking up my R8 V10 manual in a week or so and I am as excited as a kid on Christmas morning. I am planning everything I’m doing for it now, since the car is entirely stock (and has only 6,100 miles!!!) I just ordered the capristo exhaust, gloss black badges, PPF is being done this week, and I also ordered RWD conversion kit since I did that to my gallardo and it totally transformed the car for the better.

I have read a few varying opinion on the RWD conversion, but wanted to see if anyone did this to a 2011 V10 manual before? Do you have to change the suspension? What size tires do you run?
I know some here have done it - I was considering this but decided to stay stock 4WD. I'm used to RWD and M cars but not sure how the mid engine R8 would behave with just being RWD without further modification. I'm guessing it would be a lot more unpredictable than a front engine RWD car? That aside I know there is RWD R8 and Huracan so not sure how different they vary in setup. Would be interesting to know.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion here may be useful for you:

Still considering doing it to mine...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts