Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Chassis/Vehicle Dynamics Engineer
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Turn the volume up! One lap at APEX Motorclub in the Phoenix, AZ area.

·
Premium Member
3,544 Posts
If the track isn't smooth your car rides super flat even over the kerbs, excellent and congrats.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Nice lines Scott. Thanks for sharing.

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If the track isn't smooth your car rides super flat even over the kerbs, excellent and congrats.
The track was smooth, but I was pounding the chicane curbs (the left one was large) to push the suspension ...against the track worker's advice. No issue. Good fun. Thank you.

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice lines Scott. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you Trev. Glad to share. I ran many apex's tight, but some I did not due to the slippery paint.

The R8 reminds me so much of the 2005-2006 Ford GT chassis and in general...but I like the R8 V10 naturally aspirated even better. So good.

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kudos for the decent backshifts 👏
Would suppose decent practice with Heel & Toe?
Thank you. A lot of practice since I was 15 on a 1969 Austin Healy Sprite. But heavy track practice with heal and toe on the Ford GT. And I don’t heal and toe…I do big toe and roll my foot and use the outside of my foot on the throttle.

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What exhaust are you running? Sounds great too.
I have not verified this for sure (actually checking the hardware) but I believe it is a non-valved AWE exhaust. Sounds incredible. She is a bit loud, but soooo good.

·
Premium Member
5,018 Posts
Very nice driving, Scott! Thanks for sharing. The audio, alone, is like listening to music. :)

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you, ezmaass! Glad to share. Agreed the sound is absolutely amazing. More videos to come and we will actually be improving the sound. That is a remote mic back near the exhaust. We have to adjust placement and gains a little.

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
Thank you. A lot of practice since I was 15 on a 1969 Austin Healy Sprite. But heavy track practice with heal and toe on the Ford GT. And I don’t heal and toe…I do big toe and roll my foot and use the outside of my foot on the throttle.
I use the exact same method. Having small feet dictates that to a large extent but having owed manual cars most of my life, I've had plenty of practice.
Agree with the others, it does sound amazing.

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I use the exact same method. Having small feet dictates that to a large extent but having owed manual cars most of my life, I've had plenty of practice.
Agree with the others, it does sound amazing.
Yeah makes sense. I didn’t know any better at 15 and honestly this makes the most sense for a lot of throttle pedals…especially bottom mount. A lot of people use this method.
Cool. Glad you like it. She sounds incredible
In person. I will get a tunnel run in the Spring. Sounds like an F1 engine.

·
Registered
245 Posts
One of my favorite parts about driving this car is my wide feet let me do this as well 😁, so enjoyable. There is no better feeling than nailing a proper downshift while your engine is wailing

·
Registered
335 Posts
Enjoyed the ride along - thanks! It would be fun to play with some camera placement and perhaps grab a view over your shoulder to get a bit of wheel action and some of the driver's view.

·
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Enjoyed the ride along - thanks! It would be fun to play with some camera placement and perhaps grab a view over your shoulder to get a bit of wheel action and some of the driver's view.
You are most welcome. For sure we will be doing a lot more interior, exterior, POV, drone shots of a lot including more aggressive testing events. Stay tuned.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts