Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have a 2012 V8 Spyder. I am currently looking at the circular shaped or oval shaped rear, and I am wondering what changes need to happen for it to fit. Do i just simply replace it, and change the exhaust tip, and maybe the blades as well?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
252 Posts
I did this on my 09 coupe a while ago. You will need to get the "blades" in the back as they are different and I believe the metal parts behind the blades. Also the new bumper is a "v10" fit, it goes on fine but you will need to update your rear lower valance, with either a face lift one or a V10. (good opportunity to get a CF cool one with defuser fins). Now the hard part the exhaust, with a V8 you need to squeaze two pipes to one opening, and its much larger. I had my shop make an adapter (two pipes to a larger round one) but also I was working from a stainless exhaust, could be that stock is easer to manipulate.
Lastly I went for the Euro bumper cover to eliminate the US regulated side marker lights, its a cleaner look.
Alex a Europrice took care of me on this project nicely.
Good luck

·
Premium Member
3,521 Posts
Every single part on the rear needs to change. Nothing can be swapped over.
You will also need a new diffuser.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks bud!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
understood, thanks bud!

·
Registered
569 Posts
What front bumper parts can be swapped over from the 2009-2012 to a 14-15 ?
The lip and side markers are the only parts that can transfer over. You will need new grilles (left/right/middle) as the shape is different for all three. I’m not sure if the hood can be re-used because the shape of the center grille. You may need to replace it as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts