Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many speakers come in a 2014 R8?

I just got my 2014 R8 and I realized, the two spots behind both seats where I think should be speakers are empty, there are no speakers in them. I can't even find a wire, although it could be tucked somewhere.

I also realized the two tweeters were missing, these were clearly removed since there was glue and the wiring, so I bought a pair to replace those. But were there speakers in the back from stock or have these also been removed?

·
Registered
415 Posts
How many speakers come in a 2014 R8?

I just got my 2014 R8 and I realized, the two spots behind both seats where I think should be speakers are empty, there are no speakers in them. I can't even find a wire, although it could be tucked somewhere.

I also realized the two tweeters were missing, these were clearly removed since there was glue and the wiring, so I bought a pair to replace those. But were there speakers in the back from stock or have these also been removed?
If it has the B&O system then it has 12 loudspeakers, 10 amplifier channels with a total output power of 465 watts. There's 2 tweeters on the rear from stock.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't see anything on that photo it's so blurry. How do I know if it came with the B&O system, I am assuming that is an option?

·
Registered
189 Posts
My 2013 Plus has no rear speakers either. I think my none B&O 2008 V8 did have some sort of rear speakers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My 2014 A pillars don't even have a chrome/silver ring on the A pillar, it's just a bunch of holes. I'm guessing I don't have the option, or perhaps they changed the design for the 2014 facelift?

·
Premium Member
4,107 Posts
My 2014 A pillars don't even have a chrome/silver ring on the A pillar, it's just a bunch of holes. I'm guessing I don't have the option, or perhaps they changed the design for the 2014 facelift?
"Just a bunch of holes" sounds like someone really messed with the audio system - you didn't notice this when buying it? If it had B&O, the speaker trim would say it (as shown above) - looks the same on the facelift years (2014/15). You can also run a VIN decoder if you don't have the window sticker.

If the car was a V10 (and in the US) then B&O was standard. If it was a V8, then B&O was an option.

·
Registered
137 Posts
It sounds like somebody stole the B&O sound before selling the car…

·
Registered
288 Posts
They probably had a aftermarket setup and removed the nice speakers from the car when it was sold. You can usually find these on eBay pretty cheap

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bunch of holes, meaning the design by audi... drilled holes fading out, I don't want to find a picture, but its a different design from the chrome ring design. Bought 2 20 dollar audi tweeters, worked great. Don't see wires for the rear ones though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts