Audi R8 Forums banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone have a R8 as their only car?

My next car will be my last for a while. I hate OPF’s and the direction cars are going in generally.

I’ve come close to buying a R8 a few times but I had a company car as a daily.

From what I’ve read reliability is not a issue and I can’t think of any situations that would present a problem.

Am I missing anything?
Do you know when OPF's were introduced on the Audi R8, is it only in the latest generation or were the 2016-2018 range of Gen 2's also impacted?

·
Registered
2016 Audi R8 V10+
1 Posts
I have an R8 as an only car and have yet to find a situation where it doesn't work - not too wide compared to other super/sports cars (I've had an AMG GTS and a 570S previously which are both wider), plus sitting at the front of the car makes placing it remarkably easy (again, especially compared to the AMG GTS). Additionally, I've just got back from a 2 week ~2200 mile road trip around Europe and the car performed faultlessly! On the warranty front I've heard mixed reports, but mine came with a few months Audi Approved Used warranty left where I had both front (Magride) dampers replaced, saving me £3k+...

·
Registered
227 Posts
Interesting reading everyone's take on how you choose to drive your car!
I've had mine just over three years and it's been great. I'm of the opinion, own it, drive it.
The only real limitation is practicality. Shopping sometimes overspills, so a bag or two in the cabin. If you're taking your missus on a trip she may not enjoy the limitations on baggage allowance.

Audi warranty and maintenance costs are pretty reasonable overall.
5.2l V10 loves VPower. It pays to plan ahead on long trips and one thing Audi Connect is useful for is to recce Shell petrol stations :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
I recently lost my Jeep Wrangler as my daily driver and was left with my 2010 R8 V10 6mt plus a 1974 E-type roadster. The Jeep replacement was a 3 month wait so the R8 became my daily driver. I can honestly say it was a thrill every day. Docile in city driving and a beast on the open road, step on it and the base exhaust note is intoxicating. Hands down the BEST car I have ever owned ( and there have been many ). I do have an extended warranty but so far no issues. But if the mag ride goes it will be worth it. My opinion, if you like to drive your car rather than have your car drive you, you will love the 6MT.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I daily mine I don’t drive much though, only thing that sucks is the pot holes take a chunk of out of my wheels every year it seems, bent a shock last year…but it is what it is enjoy it drive it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
@Kev. if it helps, I’m taking the gen 2 recaros out of my gen 2 and am likely putting them up for sale. My whole upper body doesn’t fit in the backs of them. It is a shame as I prefer them and they are loads lighter than the comforts seats going in. I think I’d put up with the recaros as they hold you in much better even if you don’t fit in them properly but my pelvis and back problems make it too painful to drive it.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts