Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit
Changed title and going to use this purchase/delivery thread as my build thread too

Build thread starts @ post #39

Just finalized my deal yesterday on a one owner 2017 Blk/Blk R8 Plus with all carbon options! Ive owned lots of fast performance cars from Mitsubishi, Ford, Gm, Caddy, Benz, Bmw, Audi, but this is my first rear engine supercar! It’s very clean with only 15k on the clock and unique from what I’ve seen as it has Vegas yellow diamond stitching on the interior. I should have the car in about a week, but I’ve already called and spoke to [email protected] and plan on sending the car for their stage 2+ treatment as soon as I handle all the aesthetic modifications. Excited to level up and see what supercar life is about!

·
Registered
Switzer GTR, Protomotive 996TT, RS4, 17 Suzuka R8
40 Posts
Congrats! A canadian car.....whats up with the vehicle declared unsafe on carfax?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Did you happen to get a PPI on the car?

I went and looked at a car at that dealership in person and there were some issues (and I passed) - NOT the one you're looking at.

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats! A canadian car.....whats up with the vehicle declared unsafe on carfax?
Thanks brotha! Yea I said the same thing about it being a Canadian car but apparently those cars have different “laser” headlights? Idk maybe someone who knows these cars would know more. As for the unsafe part, it was due to tires being below “safe” tread depth when they did the inspection, so there’s a new set of sport cup 2’s on it now.

Did you happen to get a PPI on the car?

I went and looked at a car at that dealership in person and there were some issues (and I passed) - NOT the one you're looking at.
No I didn’t. It’s still under factory bumper to bumper warranty and I delt dorecrly with the owner of the dealership. I asked 20 questions on condition of everything and it’s in like new condition he’s said. Oh **** really? What was wrong with the car you looked at?

Congratulations and welcome to the forum.
Thanks man!

Congratulations, I hope it works out for you!
What does the stage 2+ from SheepyRace involve?
Appreciate it! The Stage 2+ is their custom fabricated Precision twin turbo kit, Motec stand alone ecu, Dodson clutches/basket, complete fuel system and dyno tuning for 91 octane (cali) pump gas and pump e85. Makes 800whp on 91 and 1100+whp on e85 with a 2 year warranty.

·
Registered
235 Posts
"No I didn’t. It’s still under factory bumper to bumper warranty and I dealt directly front grill had been with the owner of the dealership. I asked 20 questions on condition of everything and it’s in like new condition he’s said. Oh **** really? What was wrong with the car you looked at?"

I called about a different car before I bought another one from a private party. Same description (from one of his son's) - "it's perfect". I went up to Wisconsin to check it out (I live outside of Chicago so it was not too far of a drive).

It was a Canadian car as well.

Issues:

1. Someone had installed front dive plane things, attempted to remove them and left the front bumper needing a repaint - it had not been painted.

2. The brake calipers had been repainted on OVER the factory Audi decals - you could see the old decals through the shitty paint job. They claimed the brakes had been replaced which should not need to happen with a low mile car unless if was a complete track rat. I believe the car was either a rental at an exotic track type place or someone's highly tracked car. The radiators were so damaged from rocks that they looked like the car had 100,000 miles on it. But, that would explain why the calipers had been repainted because they discolor if they get really hot over and over again.

3. The front grill had been painted black - badly and the paint was peeling off everywhere.

4. The roof had been wrapped in black - BADLY - peeling off - it was awful

5. The car was filthy - inside and out - that can be fixed obviously but when someone is coming to see a >$100,000 car, at least attempt to wash it - so, it was hard to try to see the paint condition because of the filth.

Anyway, I drove it and it functioned fine. Cosmetically, it was bad.

I passed - the owner, Steve I think his name was called me while I was on my way home. I went through all of the stuff that was wrong with it and he told me, "hmmmm. I thought it looked perfect." I explained to him that he better fix the stuff because if he sells that car to someone out of town and it arrives like that, he's going to be getting a car returned or will have one pissed off customer. He was super nice about it and seemed like a super nice guy - in fact, he called me about a few others that came through his place afterwards. He must have some deal with a wholesaler in Canada because I think he has a bunch of Canadian cars.

So, my only concern is what one person's view of perfect is not always equal to another person's view of perfect.

I'm not trying to pee on your cheerios, just want to make sure it does not arrive different than described.

Hoping it is great!!! And, congrats on the decision to buy an R8.

·
Registered
Switzer GTR, Protomotive 996TT, RS4, 17 Suzuka R8
40 Posts
The Suzuka they have also has vehicle declared unsafe on the carfax.......I got the same answer on why that car had that, tires. Also the Suzuka has the badging on the right side.......some weird stuff going on at that dealer.

Just trying to help.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"No I didn’t. It’s still under factory bumper to bumper warranty and I dealt directly front grill had been with the owner of the dealership. I asked 20 questions on condition of everything and it’s in like new condition he’s said. Oh **** really? What was wrong with the car you looked at?"

I called about a different car before I bought another one from a private party. Same description (from one of his son's) - "it's perfect". I went up to Wisconsin to check it out (I live outside of Chicago so it was not too far of a drive).

It was a Canadian car as well.

Issues:

1. Someone had installed front dive plane things, attempted to remove them and left the front bumper needing a repaint - it had not been painted.

2. The brake calipers had been repainted on OVER the factory Audi decals - you could see the old decals through the shitty paint job. They claimed the brakes had been replaced which should not need to happen with a low mile car unless if was a complete track rat. I believe the car was either a rental at an exotic track type place or someone's highly tracked car. The radiators were so damaged from rocks that they looked like the car had 100,000 miles on it. But, that would explain why the calipers had been repainted because they discolor if they get really hot over and over again.

3. The front grill had been painted black - badly and the paint was peeling off everywhere.

4. The roof had been wrapped in black - BADLY - peeling off - it was awful

5. The car was filthy - inside and out - that can be fixed obviously but when someone is coming to see a >$100,000 car, at least attempt to wash it - so, it was hard to try to see the paint condition because of the filth.

Anyway, I drove it and it functioned fine. Cosmetically, it was bad.

I passed - the owner, Steve I think his name was called me while I was on my way home. I went through all of the stuff that was wrong with it and he told me, "hmmmm. I thought it looked perfect." I explained to him that he better fix the stuff because if he sells that car to someone out of town and it arrives like that, he's going to be getting a car returned or will have one pissed off customer. He was super nice about it and seemed like a super nice guy - in fact, he called me about a few others that came through his place afterwards. He must have some deal with a wholesaler in Canada because I think he has a bunch of Canadian cars.

So, my only concern is what one person's view of perfect is not always equal to another person's view of perfect.

I'm not trying to pee on your cheerios, just want to make sure it does not arrive different than described.

Hoping it is great!!! And, congrats on the decision to buy an R8.
Holy crap man! That is a long list of unacceptable items on a $100k+ car! Well now you have me slightly concerned, although I know that wasn’t your intention. Yes Steve is the owner and has been very helpful, responsive and explained the condition very clearly to me. I know peoples opinion of “perfect” can vary, but I would hope and expect full disclosure of any issues or concerns from a reputable dealer, but we all know that’s not alway the case.

How far are you from his dealership? If there’s any way for you to make it by there tomorrow morning and have a peek at it for me I can send you some cash electronically via any method available. If not, no worries I’ll ride the wave until it arrives next week. Thanks for your input brotha!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The Suzuka they have also has vehicle declared unsafe on the carfax.......I got the same answer on why that car had that, tires. Also the Suzuka has the badging on the right side.......some weird stuff going on at that dealer.

Just trying to help.
Ahh **** no way really!? Yea I saw mine was completely de badged so I ordered new oem badges to have painted gloss black at my buddies body shop. **** that’s not making me feel any better. I appreciate your input as well bro.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Appreciate it! The Stage 2+ is their custom fabricated Precision twin turbo kit, Motec stand alone ecu, Dodson clutches/basket, complete fuel system and dyno tuning for 91 octane (cali) pump gas and pump e85. Makes 800whp on 91 and 1100+whp on e85 with a 2 year warranty.
[/QUOTE]

How much is the package?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Holy crap man! That is a long list of unacceptable items on a $100k+ car! Well now you have me slightly concerned, although I know that wasn’t your intention. Yes Steve is the owner and has been very helpful, responsive and explained the condition very clearly to me. I know peoples opinion of “perfect” can vary, but I would hope and expect full disclosure of any issues or concerns from a reputable dealer, but we all know that’s not alway the case.

How far are you from his dealership? If there’s any way for you to make it by there tomorrow morning and have a peek at it for me I can send you some cash electronically via any method available. If not, no worries I’ll ride the wave until it arrives next week. Thanks for your input brotha!
It's 90 minutes from my house and I would 100% go but I need to be somewhere tomorrow morning at 8am.

Unfortunately, it's 90 minutes in the opposite direction.

And, they'd probably **** if they saw me walk in to inspect it for you because I literally was pointing out all the **** that was horrible to the "salesman", Steve's son.

Did you actually pay for the car yet?

Where are you located?

I'd fly in and drive it home.

Set up your wire if you're paying cash before you leave so your bank just needs to push the button when you give the thumbs up.

Inspect and call the bank to send the funds.

All you'd need to do is tell Steve you decided to make a road trip out of it and you're flying in to buy it. Give a big deposit on a credit card.

If you're financing, fly in, inspect, fly home, pay, get car shipped. Or, bring a cashier's check from your lender that can be verified by them when you get there.

I've bought a bunch of cars sight unseen but if it's within 1000 miles, I usually fly in and inspect and drive home.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Also, what's the deal with the car being sold to someone in Arkansas soon after it was listed for sale?

On the Carfax you can see it has a title issued.

And why was it registered as a commercial vehicle?

I suspect these questions were already answered?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How much is the package?
It’s $64k

It's 90 minutes from my house and I would 100% go but I need to be somewhere tomorrow morning at 8am.

Unfortunately, it's 90 minutes in the opposite direction.

And, they'd probably ** if they saw me walk in to inspect it for you because I literally was pointing out all the ** that was horrible to the "salesman", Steve's son.

Did you actually pay for the car yet?

Where are you located?

I'd fly in and drive it home.

Set up your wire if you're paying cash before you leave so your bank just needs to push the button when you give the thumbs up.

Inspect and call the bank to send the funds.

All you'd need to do is tell Steve you decided to make a road trip out of it and you're flying in to buy it. Give a big deposit on a credit card.

If you're financing, fly in, inspect, fly home, pay, get car shipped. Or, bring a cashier's check from your lender that can be verified by them when you get there.

I've bought a bunch of cars sight unseen but if it's within 1000 miles, I usually fly in and inspect and drive home.
Well I Appreciate it anyways brotha. It would be funny if you walked in to check out my car Steve would be like WTF hahaha. I already wired the funds yesterday so I’m kind of SOL on that option. I’ve bought more than half of my cars site unseen from across the United States and never laid eyes on them until they landed on my doorstep and I have yet to have a problem. I really hope that this isn’t the first one I have issues with. He said it still smells new inside and there aren’t any dents, dings, scratches, tears, stains, odors or anything out of the ordinary so I’m holding him to that and hope his word holds true. Car will be loaded up and shipped out tomorrow so we will see soon enough. I’m in Northern California area

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Update!
I FaceTimed with Steve the owner of the dealership and he did a thorough walk around of everything on the vehicle...wheels, brakes, complete body, interior, everything! He rated it a 9.9 out of 10 and from what I could see that was 100% spot on! So at this point in time I believe we are good to go and should have zero issues when the car arrives!!

I just started ordering parts and first up was an oem gloss back emblem kit from one of our vendors LD-Oem Parts!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
How much is the turbo kit you were looking at and from who?

Also it's mid-engine not rear-engine.

Welcome to the forum. I've been around the car scene in multiple platforms as well (GTR/Corvette to name a few).

1 - 20 of 77 Posts