·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Awesome news.

Congrats.

Enjoy it!
Thanks brotha!

How much is the turbo kit you were looking at and from who?

Also it's mid-engine not rear-engine.

Welcome to the forum. I've been around the car scene in multiple platforms as well (GTR/Corvette to name a few).
Turbo kit is $64k from Sheepy Race.

haha my bad I’m still learning.

thanks man. It seems like a good group of guys so far.

The kit is $64,000.

About $2000 more than he will spend fixing the cosmetic defects😁

(joking, joking)
Way too soon buddy hahaha

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just finalized my deal yesterday on a one owner 2017 Blk/Blk R8 Plus with all carbon options! Ive owned lots of fast performance cars from Mitsubishi, Ford, Gm, Caddy, Benz, Bmw, Audi, but this is my first rear engine supercar! It’s very clean with only 15k on the clock and unique from what I’ve seen as it has Vegas yellow diamond stitching on the interior. I should have the car in about a week, but I’ve already called and spoke to [email protected] and plan on sending the car for their stage 2+ treatment as soon as I handle all the aesthetic modifications. Excited to level up and see what supercar life is about!
View attachment 251141
Congrats man! I bought the same car/colors in the US and just put an ESS supercharger on it with a RYFT exhaust :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Congrats man! I bought the same car/colors in the US and just put an ESS supercharger on it with a RYFT exhaust :)
Thanks man! Solid color choice combo, you must have good taste haha. How do you like the supercharger setup? What fuel you running and how much boost?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks man! Solid color choice combo, you must have good taste haha. How do you like the supercharger setup? What fuel you running and how much boost?
I like the SC so far. Need my tech to check the power delivery as kicks more like a turbo . 800hp crank is advertized. I’m just running 91 in California. No idea what the boost is. Turbo is definitely the option for massive power, but is obviously more expensive. would live to see pics and vids of your build!

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Looks good man! I’m sure they chose a decent pulley so ESS should know boost pressure if you wanted to know. That’s a Positive displacement blower so it will run out of steam as the RPMs climb but should hit hard instantly down low and through the mid range. 91 crap tank here in Cali sucks so the ecu will pull thing as needed. What part you in? I’m in NorCal. I’ll be posting pics, vids and performance info after the car gets delivered the next few days. Yea the TT setup will be insane!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks good man! I’m sure they chose a decent pulley so ESS should know boost pressure if you wanted to know. That’s a Positive displacement blower so it will run out of steam as the RPMs climb but should hit hard instantly down low and through the mid range. 91 crap tank here in Cali sucks so the ecu will pull thing as needed. What part you in? I’m in NorCal. I’ll be posting pics, vids and performance info after the car gets delivered the next few days. Yea the TT setup will be insane!
I’m in SF. Let’s drive!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Car arrived yesterday! It was indeed as nice and clean as advertised (thankfully) with the only issues being the passenger rear tail light is cracked plus I only got one key. Other than that car is amazing af!!! I’m already played with launch control for a dig race and some mixed spirited driving in the streets of Mexico of course!

·
Registered
Switzer GTR, Protomotive 996TT, RS4, 17 Suzuka R8
40 Posts
Great news, glad it worked out!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Looks awesome! Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
Congratulations.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Looks awesome! Enjoy!
Hey brotha I txt the steering wheel guy twice with the number you gave me and haven’t heard back. He sucks at replying but makes dope steering wheels haha

·
Registered
235 Posts
Car arrived yesterday! It was indeed as nice and clean as advertised (thankfully) with the only issues being the passenger rear tail light is cracked plus I only got one key. Other than that car is amazing af!!! I’m already played with launch control for a dig race and some mixed spirited driving in the streets of Mexico of course! View attachment 251546
View attachment 251547 View attachment 251548
Congrats! Glad it worked out.

I'd have Steve buy you a new light as well as a new key plus pay for programming (it can be expensive).

Enjoy the car!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Congrats! Glad it worked out.

I'd have Steve buy you a new light as well as a new key plus pay for programming (it can be expensive).

Enjoy the car!!!
are they paying to have the tail light fixed or did they inform you of the crack prior to purchase?
He did not tell me the tail light was cracked with like a practically broken off piece but he tired to insist he did tell me blah blah blah. He also tried to tell me people keep keys and some other bs but the car shows 2 keys are programmed to it so I 100% want another key not on my dime. He should replace tail light as well however I see what kind of person I’m dealing with at this point and my time is more valuable that arguing and going in circles ya know. Fortunately my buddy runs a body shop and I can get 40% off list from all manufacturers parts so he’s thinking the tail light should be about $500 after discount. We shall see

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Complaints so far:

1. Getting comfortable in the seat. Has a lot of adjustments but I haven’t found the perfect setting yet.

2. Dead pedal is oddly close to brake pedal.

3.Driver interior door is poorly shaped and impedes on my left leg space around my knee area. I’m 6’ so that doesn’t help I’m sure.

That’s all for now haha. Everything else about the car is fantastic!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Build Thread

Dropped the car off to my regular window tint place (Genesis Window Tinting) yesterday and had them hit the rear glass and tiny side windows with 5% then driver/passenger windows with 35% which gives you privacy but doesn’t black it out. Edges are seamless and turned out great as usual! Anyone in the area I highly recommend them for all your tinting needs.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sides looks great. It’s exactly what I intend to do myself.

However, I would not have tinted the ‘glass engine cover’.

It’s a major attraction of the vehicle, more so if you have a carbon engine cover.

The only ‘rear’ window I would considered tinting is the small rear cabin window.

That way, you get the privacy you may have wanted.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts