Audi R8 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I wanted to streamline the side profile and get rid of the Orange/red side marker lights so I decided to tint them with nightshades. You can go light tint all the way to blacked out which is what I did, but you can still see the marker leds at night. Masked around the lights, draped in plastic then cut out and remasked around light so no over spary would hit the car. Lost count but did around 8 light/medium coats. Turned out nice, smooth and glossy so it actually looks like paint. Looks way better imo!
Prepped:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Nice job, those U..S. side markers are horrible.
Thanks brotha. Yea they look completely out of place and stand out like a sore thumb, but not anymore haha

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Me and my buddy put the oem black emblems on my car yesterday! Luckily he runs a body shop so he knew all the tricks to getting everything aligned perfectly. Looks way better with that without imo.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Your tint on the rear glass over the engine is going to melt off in due time. Add the extra heat from a TT kit and yeah...waste of money. Should have just tinted the small rear window.

Either way congrats on the purchase!

Reactions: jamieuk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Your tint on the rear glass over the engine is going to melt off in due time. Add the extra heat from a TT kit and yeah...waste of money. Should have just tinted the small rear window.

Either way congrats on the purchase!
Well the tint has a lifetime warranty so I guess they will replace if it does indeed melt or peel. The twin kit will be wrapped in turbo blankets and ceramic coated so additional heat will be minimal, plus they only run up to 16psi which isn’t much for the fairly large Precision turbos.
Thanks man, I’m loving this car so far!

·
Banned
73 Posts
Id take a crack tail light and whatever small problems you had over buying new I paid 203k msrp back in 17 lol . Good buy
Nice car
Welcome !

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Id take a crack tail light and whatever small problems you had over buying new I paid 203k msrp back in 17 lol . Good buy
Nice car
Welcome !
Yea I’m not sweating it too much because overall the car really is perfect aside from the cracked taillight and only having one key. Brand new they are pricey so I’ll use some of the $64k I saved over buying new to replace the light and key lol.
Thanks brotha!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Ordered the DB Carbon matching Carbon gas flap a week ago, but it won’t be here until mid July so I decided to remove and paint the oem silver one satin black in the meantime. Turned out really nice actually

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah man. That gas cap turned out really well! Nice work!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Just got my m4 back last night from the guys at European Auto Source in Anaheim, Ca doing a little ecu reprogramming, dyno testing and fixing a methanol injection issue. Went for a little play time in Mexico last night and **** I forgot how hard the m4 pulls at 30psi! Need to do new 60-130mph draggy tests but here was my last pb. Driveway and garage are complete now lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Playing in Mexico with the m4!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Scheduled, deposit paid and car will be heading to Sheepey Race in about a week and a half!! Stage 2+ TT here I come💨💨

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Mounted the 315/30/20 r888r’s yesterday in preparation for the twin turbos...looks meaty and wide!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I'll be curious the 60-130 MPH times when completed!

41 - 60 of 78 Posts