Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting closer to pulling the trigger on a 2017 V10+

I am in Los Angeles and the car is in Washingston State. Does have and recommendations or experience with:

1. Independent inspection. I would like to have detailed review of the car and to check for any bodywork etc... I have seen Lemon Squad and Pomcar online but don't know if they are any good?

2. Registration of a car in CA from out of state.

Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts

I am in Los Angeles and the car is in Washingston State. Does have and recommendations or experience with:

1. Independent inspection. I would like to have detailed review of the car and to check for any bodywork etc... I have seen Lemon Squad and Pomcar online but don't know if they are any good?

Thanks!
13hrs drive...from l.a

·
Registered
11 Posts

Thanks!
If you can't find a good Indy you could always make the deal contingent upon a PPI from a local Audi dealership. Find one in Washington and make sure they have an r8 master tech and you should be good. There may even be some warranty left on the car already. Lastly the Audi sales dept should provide any info you need on the registration process out of state. Factoring covid travel rates taking a trip out there may not be that costly with the benefit of a potentially amazing drive/trip back home. Good luck!

·
Registered
36 Posts
If you can't find a good Indy you could always make the deal contingent upon a PPI from a local Audi dealership. Find one in Washington and make sure they have an r8 master tech and you should be good. There may even be some warranty left on the car already. Lastly the Audi sales dept should provide any info you need on the registration process out of state. Factoring covid travel rates taking a trip out there may not be that costly with the benefit of a potentially amazing drive/trip back home. Good luck!
if its a steal deal. i usually drive or fly there and get it lol..
i know people drive accross country to get it

·
Registered
On the hunt R8 performance
28 Posts
Are all US R8 50 state emission certified? If not, I believe an out of state purchased car must have at least 7,500 to bring to CA. You have to go through a DMV physical inspection which is an extra PIA given Covid. You’ll also pay California sales (use tax) in addition to registration fee at DMV.

·
Registered
Switzer GTR, Protomotive 996TT, RS4, 17 Suzuka R8
40 Posts
Like others have said, coordinate PPI ahead of time, fly in, get PPI, pay, drive home.

Reactions: viappc

·
Registered
11 Posts
if its a steal deal. i usually drive or fly there and get it lol..
i know people drive accross country to get it
I am one of those people lol. No issues leaving my state for a car purchase. Also feel that it's impossible to not have a few stories to tell after a 13hr road trip in an r8.

·
Registered
15 Posts
PPI from local Audi dealer. Not sure but I’d guess, based on its age, it could be eligible for CPO from Audi as well if that’s something you’d want to invest in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts