Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
As far as I know and if something has changed please let me know. You can not extend the Audi warranty anymore after point of sale ..effective around July of 2019. Now if I’m wrong ..please chime in but this came directly from Audi dealer. The r8 is the only car they cannot extend warranty after point of sale anymore
Oh, really?! The R8 is my first time owning an Audi so I wasn’t aware Audi instated that policy for the R8. Well, I’m extra happy I got a CPO unit then and the next owner of it will be pleased as well.

·
Registered
141 Posts
yep. I was all ready to call them, ran the CarFax and it had rear end damage. Back to the drawing board.
Dude, that’s crazy! I had emailed the owner of the dealer asking if they can provide the free Carfax and he said it’s up to the prospective buyer to purchase the Carfax. Ha! Now I see why they didn’t provide it.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Oh, really?! The R8 is my first time owning an Audi so I wasn’t aware Audi instated that policy for the R8. Well, I’m extra happy I got a CPO unit then and the next owner of it will be pleased as well.
Yes that’s the info I have. I bought a 3000 mile 17+ in August. Warranty is up in April or may ....called Audi dealer near me to purchase extended warranty and they informed me what I said before. So called Porsche dealer because I heard they can’t write fidelity warranties on Audi’s or Porsche and they couldn’t either. So I’m still in search

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes that’s the info I have. I bought a 3000 mile 17+ in August. Warranty is up in April or may ....called Audi dealer near me to purchase extended warranty and they informed me what I said before. So called Porsche dealer because I heard they can’t write fidelity warranties on Audi’s or Porsche and they couldn’t either. So I’m still in search
How is your warranty up in April or May 2020? I assume you mean in 2021...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey guys - one clarification on the Audi extended warranty policy - you can get them on an R8 (in my case a 17+ that I bought 4 months ago) from the Audi dealership at the TIME OF PURCHASE. One day later and it’s a no-go. Apparently they were having issues with people purchasing warranties and filing expensive claims in the first 30 days. I confirmed this with 2 different dealers and bought an extended warranty when I bought my car... I started a related thread on this forum when I was trying to figure it out...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey guys - one clarification on the Audi extended warranty policy - you can get them on an R8 (in my case a 17+ that I bought 4 months ago) from the Audi dealership at the TIME OF PURCHASE. One day later and it’s a no-go. Apparently they were having issues with people purchasing warranties and filing expensive claims in the first 30 days. I confirmed this with 2 different dealers and bought an extended warranty when I bought my car... I started a related thread on this forum when I was trying to figure it out...
As long as the oem warranty is intact, one can purchase the extended Audi warranty. I’m not sure about state laws but I was in the clear for Nj

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
So, which one is accurate? You can buy an extended warranty ONLY at the time of purchase from an Audi dealer or ANYTIME after purchase as long as OEM warranty is still active?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Picking my 17 Plus up Monday and the Audi dealer told me they have a few different warranty extensions available. I’ll report back once I get the info. Ended up getting a 17 plus over 10k cheaper than that one in Utah and it’s perfect and already wrapped. Super excited!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Weird. I extended mine when I bought it (AUG 2019) and they said I could of later as long as it was before the factory one expired. It was far more expensive to do it at that time though.

Reactions: jamieuk

·
Registered
241 Posts
As I mentioned before, I think that is the key point.

“Before the factory warranty has expired.”

Weird. I extended mine when I bought it (AUG 2019) and they said I could of later as long as it was before the factory one expired. It was far more expensive to do it at that time though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Congrats on the new ride Nazz..

I was told (in Cali) that your factory warranty must not have expired (to jamieuk’s point), and for the Audi pure protection it has to be bought at time of purchase. The dealership offered Fidelity warranties as well which did not have the same at time of purchase requirements but believe they also require that your factory warranty still be in effect. Will be interested to hear what you are told...

·
Registered
143 Posts
Congrats on the new ride Nazz..

I was told (in Cali) that your factory warranty must not have expired (to jamieuk’s point), and for the Audi pure protection it has to be bought at time of purchase. The dealership offered Fidelity warranties as well which did not have the same at time of purchase requirements but believe they also require that your factory warranty still be in effect. Will be interested to hear what you are told...
Yeah see Im not sure thats true. I actually had the option of which one I wanted to get. The Audi Pure was a shorter time frame with a little more cost. But, I had the choice to go either way. Yes car is still under factory (like what jaimeuk pointed out), what was weird to me is that people have been told that it had to be purchased at the time of sale. I was given both warranty options and the pricing options if I was to purchase the day I bought the car vs. if I got it the day before the factory warranty expired.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Just got back from a 4 hour drive in the pouring rain after picking mine up. LOVE the car! So the deal is with the warranty is at time of purchase only and they do have different deductibles. There are 3 plan levels (in addition to the wheel plan) available. And all plans can be adjusted in years and miles max of 8 years 100k. Pretty much a la carte. I went with the top tier 8 year 75k and it dropped it quite a bit from 100. Now I can’t want to drive it on dry roads in the sun!

·
Registered
141 Posts
Just got back from a 4 hour drive in the pouring rain after picking mine up. LOVE the car! So the deal is with the warranty is at time of purchase only and they do have different deductibles. There are 3 plan levels (in addition to the wheel plan) available. And all plans can be adjusted in years and miles max of 8 years 100k. Pretty much a la carte. I went with the top tier 8 year 75k and it dropped it quite a bit from 100. Now I can’t want to drive it on dry roads in the sun!
What was cost for warranty?

·
Registered
62 Posts
+1 on cost and terms for warranty!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Yep, Actual Audi Warranty. Mine is 7 years, sorry, was late and a typo... 84 months, 75k miles, $6485. It was the top tier, Audi Pure Protection Platinum.

·
Registered
62 Posts
To clarify - this is 7 years from the manufacturer date correct so 2017 V10+ - coverage until 2024?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
To clarify - this is 7 years from the manufacturer date correct so 2017 V10+ - coverage until 2024?
7 years from its in service date. In this case, mine was sold Feb 17th, 2017. So that was the start of the 7 years.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts