Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded my 2017 R8 V10 Plus for a 2018 R8 V10 Plus because I wanted a newer model with almost zero miles (500). After checking out the car more closely I noticed the grill emblem says Audi Sport and I see on the window sticker that it also says "Audi Sport". I cannot determine what differences there are, if any, to the R8 V10 Plus (non-sport model)? I do know there was a Sport Edition model (with red instead of the carbon fiber pieces), but mine is the Sport model (no Edition). Is anyone familiar with the Sport Model and if so could you please let me know the differences? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I have 2017 and it says Audi Sport on the window sticker

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, and I contacted the dealer who looked into it for me. They said that in 2018 Audi wanted to emphasis more "sport", hence the added emblem on the grill and the light beam shining down at the ground from the outside rear view mirrors in 2017 had the four rings and in 2018 it says "Audi Sport". So no big deal either way. Thanks

·
Registered
619 Posts
Referring to ‘quattro’ front badge change to ‘Audi Sport’ .

Edit: It seems to depend upon the time of MY production. A 2017 sticker that does not say Audi Sport, https://bit.ly/2Tie7Cg ; ‘17 front badges were all apparently ‘quattro.’

1 - 5 of 5 Posts