Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Owning an F430 and R8 at the same time, I can tell you your reception/reaction from other people is be entirely different between the two cars. Don't ask me why, it just is.

In the Ferrari I've been called nasty names, and someone even spit on the car when I ventured out to an actual public place in an actual parking lot. Many Ferrari owners report having their shields & badges stolen (with damage to the car), and even keying of their cars when they don't "stand guard".

In the R8 it's the complete opposite. I've NEVER had a negative reaction from anyone to the R8. It's consistently thumbs-up and smiles from any and all demographics. You can actually take it to the store, if you want, without fear of damage or harassment. Even at a Cars & Coffee somehow I'm "approachable" with the R8, and I'm a jerk when I show up in the F430 (OK slight exaggeration but you get the gist).

None of this may make any difference to you, but it does to me. There will be a pristine, gated F430 going up on BAT in the next couple weeks...
ferrari owner are "dicks" R8 owner are gentleman

·
Registered
9 Posts
That deep sounding V10, screaming right behind you, is quiet an experience at any RPM.

Either way, you are very blessed. Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
424 Posts
"Did any NA owners ever find out if their cars have the upgraded titanium valve train components ? "
Lighter valve train components only pay off when you are on a track consistently between 7-9000RPM. Otherwise they are like CC brakes - a gimmick for the average non-tracker driver and are expensive to fix. Doubt though if valves would ever need fixing until engine rebuild.
To the OP- I would buy any of those 3 cars but I agree with most. The R8 is probably the best all round and an Audi dealer in a small city can fix it if something goes awry on a trip. Modern Ferraris with high miles are hard to flip but R8's are not as bad. My dream Ferrari is a 288GTO. Those are going to be a real expensive collectible soon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks everyone. I’m going with a 2020 R8 performance. I’ll post pics one I get it. I love Ferrari but not ready for all the baggage it would bring that might not let me enjoy it as much as I’d want to. So it’s on with the R8! Thanks again for the feedback.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Sweet ride.

I’m a huge fan of driving a kick ass ride without the hoopla — no judgement for those that like to stand out — just a personal preference. Sounds like you tend to the same, I think you will be very happy w the new ride, congrats!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts