Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The title says it all. I’m considering either one of these (I live in northern CA). I test drove the R8 and loved the V10 sound right behind the ears. Has anyone experienced both? I’ll daily drive it and track it only a few times a year. Since it won’t be a garage queen, reliability is also an important factor. Any feedback welcome online near me copies.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
650S better than 570S. 720S better than all of them. If you're bored, give this a read when I was shopping for these cars a few years ago. In short, the 570S sucks. The 650S is the real deal. Better suspension, better power output, etc.
If it wasn't for sketchy reliability (it's hit & miss), limited dealer network with poor after sales support, and depreciates like a brick I went R8 for a daily. If weekend toy and it's one of many cars in your stable I'd buy the McLaren over an R8 any day of the week. It's a better driver's car. Only thing lacking is engine note over R8.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Okay, so did you buy the 650s or the Hurican in the end?!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I agree with the 650s being the better car than the 570. The 570 is definitely more modern. The iris2 infotainment in the 650 is an embarrassment. Most modern supercars still cannot beat the 650s and the 720 is miles ahead of the 650. Prices are about to be real good on these. The Audi sounds and looks better.. no billionaire doors

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Okay, so did you buy the 650s or the Hurican in the end?!
LOL. I'm here so what do u think? Go to end of that thread I went plan C with an R8.

·
Registered
67 Posts
LOL. I'm here so what do u think? Go to end of that thread I went plan C with an R8.
Hahah, I should have carried on reading! Really interesting to see you landed on the R8 when you had the choice of the other two, I think I definitely would have gone for the (nearly) new Audi vs the older Lambo as well.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hahah, I should have carried on reading! Really interesting to see you landed on the R8 when you had the choice of the other two, I think I definitely would have gone for the (nearly) new Audi vs the older Lambo as well.
Crazy how time flies my warranty almost up and now my Audi is the "older" car haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts