Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on Audizine for a longggg time as an Audi owner, and love what these cars can do, what they offer and their complete look. When trying to decide between 3 dream cars, (DB9 now DB11, F430, and of course the R8!) I decided because of my weather up here in the Midwest and that I like to actually drive my cars, the R8 would fit better now. I will be looking at a DB11 to add to the garage come next summer since the 2 seater spot will be filled from the R8.

Here's the car I'm looking at, the color is really rubbing off on me and I think I love it, although my first choice is a Solar Orange. I talked to the dealer recently about ordering, but it seems that its a 6-12 month wait, and life's short, so I don't care to wait too much longer.

My actual question now is, is there anything missing on this 2020 that I might regret not having that can't be added later? I was big into modifying my A4 and S4, so I'm not against something like changing out the exhaust later, or along those lines. What about the price here? Seems like 2020's are holding 2021 pricing currently, i know the used market is hot right now, but is this priced right??

Used 2020 Audi R8 Coupe For Sale at Graham Automotive | VIN: WUAEEAFX2L7901015

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does seem high for a non-Performance R8, love the color though
Does seem high, I'm just now sure what to go back with if I decide not to wait for a Solar Orange, because honestly, this color is a second close for me I think.

I will say when I asked about it, it was a consignment as the guy who owns it, buys a new R8 pretty much every year.

·
Registered
646 Posts
seems hight but unique color. not sure youre going to find a solar orange for sale. i dont remember seeing one. also very unique color

·
Registered
444 Posts
I've been on Audizine for a longggg time as an Audi owner, and love what these cars can do, what they offer and their complete look. When trying to decide between 3 dream cars, (DB9 now DB11, F430, and of course the R8!) I decided because of my weather up here in the Midwest and that I like to actually drive my cars, the R8 would fit better now. I will be looking at a DB11 to add to the garage come next summer since the 2 seater spot will be filled from the R8.

Here's the car I'm looking at, the color is really rubbing off on me and I think I love it, although my first choice is a Solar Orange. I talked to the dealer recently about ordering, but it seems that its a 6-12 month wait, and life's short, so I don't care to wait too much longer.

My actual question now is, is there anything missing on this 2020 that I might regret not having that can't be added later? I was big into modifying my A4 and S4, so I'm not against something like changing out the exhaust later, or along those lines. What about the price here? Seems like 2020's are holding 2021 pricing currently, i know the used market is hot right now, but is this priced right??

Used 2020 Audi R8 Coupe For Sale at Graham Automotive | VIN: WUAEEAFX2L7901015
Your color combo is fantastic. Mine is Camouflage Green over Vermont Brown and it looks every bit the business.
Good luck with the purchase!

Reactions: Rodmar

·
Registered
2020 R8 V10 Performance Coupe Ascari Blue
176 Posts
What is non performance? What piece of the car is that considered?
I think you may need to do more research. As you might know, there are 2 trims of 2020 R8. The base R8 V10 Quattro and the R8 V10 Performance Quattro. I have shared a full detailed comparison of base vs. performance here, please read this.

The price seems very high. I would spend few more 1000s of dollars and order a solar orange 2022 Performance trim.

Another option is to buy a 2020 or 2021 R8 V10 Performance with low mileage and wrap it with solar orange (wrap may not be the same as paint but that's an option). I have seen many 2020 R8 V10 performance for around $200K

·
Registered
204 Posts
What is non performance? What piece of the car is that considered?
by “non performance” I was referring to the fact that this car is Not the Performance model, bpans2 has done a great job of explaining the difference posted above, sorry for the confusion

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think you may need to do more research. As you might know, there are 2 trims of 2020 R8. The base R8 V10 Quattro and the R8 V10 Performance Quattro. I have shared a full detailed comparison of base vs. performance here, please read this.

The price seems very high. I would spend few more 1000s of dollars and order a solar orange 2022 Performance trim.

Another option is to buy a 2020 or 2021 R8 V10 Performance with low mileage and wrap it with solar orange (wrap may not be the same as paint but that's an option). I have seen many 2020 R8 V10 performance for around $200K
good post, just went over it…I’ll have to look a little deeper to see what I can live with or without.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Love the color but too high a price for a 2020 non-perf. Close buddy has one with less miles & more options, that he'd sell in a second for 190, maybe even 185 not sure.

·
Premium Member
1,265 Posts
They're asking more than original MSRP ($194,450) even with Exclusive paint (Goodwood Green). Comments above ARE dead-on - too high - should be closer to $185K ... imho

·
Registered
2020 performance coupe Mythos black
132 Posts
As a for instance, my local dealer just sold, this week, a 2020 gray spyder with 8000 mi for $165m, they’re out there, put in some effort and ( IMHO) don’t obsess about color….lots of nice colors.

·
Premium Member
2020 R8 V10 Performance Spyder
3,009 Posts
Wow $200K USD for non-performance base R8...

You guys should be buying here in Canada. $220-$230k CAD gets you a fine example of a 2020 R8 V10 Performance

Convert that over and its about $175-$185k USD...lots of dealers doing this now

Reactions: Rodmar

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lol you guys talked me out of the one here then. I’ll keep looking. I figured it was about MSRP and I’m almost certain he didn’t pay MSRP, so why would I for a 2 year old R8.

I like the AWD for winters here so I can drive it 24/7.

Anyone else seeing 4 months or less for ordering?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As a for instance, my local dealer just sold, this week, a 2020 gray spyder with 8000 mi for $165m, they’re out there, put in some effort and ( IMHO) don’t obsess about color….lots of nice colors.
I’m putting in the effort believe me, I think I’d prefer spend that extra $30k on more watches or some fun toy. I’ll keep looking, just trying to get a specific color or even colors I can live with. Trying to avoid black, and white.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’m putting in the effort believe me, I think I’d prefer spend that extra $30k on more watches or some fun toy. I’ll keep looking, just trying to get a specific color or even colors I can live with. Trying to avoid black, and white.
It's hard to get watches these days from ADs. Supply is low and demand is high. They don't even need microchips:ROFLMAO:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts