Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a 2020 R8 on order but I’m VERY torn between R8 and AMG GT R. Primary use is weekend drives, few track days in the summer, and occasional drive to work. Won’t daily drive either. How would you guys lean and why?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Although I do enjoy the AMG GT-R and the classic lines that it has... I think overall fun factor goes to the R8. I also prefer the V10 exotic note in comparison to the overly burbled note of the TT V8 Merc.

·
Premium Member
4,313 Posts
Naturally Aspirated V10. Hard to beat it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Naturally aspirated V10 is my vote. I think the Merc is a great car, but with rumors Audi will not continue the R8, it's value should raise as one of the last NA V10's. (fingers crossed anyways).

·
Registered
403 Posts
Hands down the R8. I've driven my brother's modded and tuned AMG GT that puts out over 850hp to the wheel and my R8 is still way more fun to drive.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Have a Edition 1 GT-S and like all cars it has its pros/cons versus R8
in the end its all what speaks to you after filtering out all the external noise
GTS is a great car; mine has a tune and has a respectable 629hp/600 ftlbs
for me, the R8 feels more like a special occasion car while the GTS is the better daily driver
both great options

·
Registered
460 Posts
Driven both I would say GTr as it is much more fun with rwd and the steering in the GTr trumps the one in the R8 (plus or no plus), the turn in when pushed hard on track is awesome and the soundtrack although different from the V10 great, just different from the V10. The Merc as a whole package feels more mature and masculine in a weird way I just can't put my finger on as the R8 is an awesome car as well. You will get my point when you get behind the wheels of one or see them on the road, it's just a car that deserves a lot of respect :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts