Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ordered a 2020 and online it says they are quieter due to EU regulation adding particulate filter. What's the best way to go about paying someone to remove that and making it sound like 2018 and before? Or should I not remove it?

In US and in a state that doesn't care about pollution/emission stuff.

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Looking at the artist's drawings it looks like you would need two delete pipes (there are two GPF - left and right) and possibly a delete kit to connect to ECU. Other option would be to replace the whole exhaust which may also require the electronic delete kit. Hard to say until someone takes one off.

I really cant take any moral high ground as I spent 5 years in Texas with a highly non legal catless exhaust system on my Mustang, but with all the ongoing pressure especially in the EU I'd probably leave it in place now.

Screenshot_20190526-221553_Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
108 Posts
Ordered a 2020 and online it says they are quieter due to EU regulation adding particulate filter. What's the best way to go about paying someone to remove that and making it sound like 2018 and before? Or should I not remove it?

In US and in a state that doesn't care about pollution/emission stuff.
Do the US cars have it? Either way theres a ton of exhaust options which will make it louder.

47 Posts
Correct. U.S.-spec / Non-EU R8's do not have GPF's. We have created a dedicated exhaust for the 2020 U.S. spec R8 and will be making a thread for it shortly.

European R8 owners fear not. We have something special coming next week…

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looking at the artist's drawings it looks like you would need two delete pipes (there are two GPF - left and right) and possibly a delete kit to connect to ECU. Other option would be to replace the whole exhaust which may also require the electronic delete kit. Hard to say until someone takes one off.

I really cant take any moral high ground as I spent 5 years in Texas with a highly non legal catless exhaust system on my Mustang, but with all the ongoing pressure especially in the EU I'd probably leave it in place now.

View attachment 235634
Do you know what source that picture is from?

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Can't recall from where I downloaded it. Probably an Audi media site. I have higher resolution copies; the forum does a grand job of downsizing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts